should dofd be on cra

gapinky

i have posted this in another thread but no replies, i have also seen it somewhere else but cant find it again so my question is can i request to see dofd ans dold on my cr? how do i know that the date it is suppose to be removed is correct

The FCRA 1681s, Subsection 623 requires Data Furnishers to provide the date that begins Reporting Period (1681c, Subsection 605) within 90 days of providing the TL to the CRA's. On this board, we call that the DOFD. No where does the law require them to publish it or provide it to consumers. As a result, this date is typically not shown on CR's. TU has an 'esitmated date of removal'. You should be able to count back from that date and see what month and year they have as the beginning. Recently Equifax added a DOFD field, probably in response to numerous requests for this date. For Experian, after you order your CR, call them and ask.

You should be relying on your own information and records. If that's not possible you will have to take the DF's word for it.