Experian pushing me towards online only?

I have a report with an address of

NCAC

PO box 9556

Allen, TX 75013

I thought this address sounded kinda - like a processing center that is possibly hired by Experian to basically fumble through these disputes so I did some research. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experian

This apparently is a center specifically for this purpose. However, several pages that I've read stated recently that people have gotten returned mail saying "BOX CLOSED BY EXPERIAN"

So I called (broke the cardinal rule I know although not as bad as calling a CA), to find out what their address REALLY was.

After fumbling through menus I kept yelling for operator or representative, someone came on the line and said "How can I help you today Mr. Hypersloth?"

I asked for their address to dispute my information.

She asked WHAT INFORMATION.

I then explained that I had several innaccuracies that I wished to dispute including some alarming variations in SSN, DOB, SPOUSE, ADDRESSES Etc. She pushed me to correct the personal information with her right there and then. So I poked and prodded a bit about the process, she seemed like she was willing to help me remove the stuff so I went ahead and did it. She removed all the variations, addresses that were 'really old as I put it', and other things that I didn't like. She told me these 'were not tied to any accounts' and would be removed but would send me a updated list to my email once the 'investigation' was completed. Strange.

SO I asked for an address to send my letters to as I wanted to dispute my information. She said I could do everything online. I then asked if there WAS an address to send things to, she said I would be better off if I sent things online and that she didn't have the address with her.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a blatant alarming violation of the CRA to push us into an automated system that requires no human or personal intervention based on a series of formulas and algorithms that are surely flawed at best?

Suggestions? Will the above address as posted and on the wiki work?

that address you have is correct. I have been using that one myself. And you can dispute in writing. The main reason they try to get you to do it online is the paper work trail, and the amount of paper work they have.

It makes their ob easier to do it online, but have you noticed how hard it is to navigate around their website?

that address you have is correct. I have been using that one myself. And you can dispute in writing. The main reason they try to get you to do it online is the paper work trail, and the amount of paper work they have.

It makes their ob easier to do it online, but have you noticed how hard it is to navigate around their website?

Here is their physical address:

601 Experian Pkwy

Allen, TX 75013

(972) 390-3000

For a fee I will hand deliver for you....lol (jk)

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

They DID remove all the items I requested from my CR without hesitation regarding my personal information. GREAT.

My address is changing again due to a 911 reorder, however I'm glad to at least have this down.

They actually did what I wanted...pretty nice. Thought it was going to take a battle.

BTW if you live near there, they allow you to walk in and speak with someone and work with them right there. THey supposedly are very helpful and more helpful to the locals from what I read.