Interesting effect of dispute with TU

DjArcadian

I disputed some late fees on a closed account with BofA Visa. I was 90 days past due, they closed the account and I started to pay it down. It's since been paid off in full. The late notices remained but now the account is marked as open and current which I guess is good. That was my oldest account started in 2001 so it should help the age of my accounts.

My score went up 3 points as a result. Oddly enough the messed up scoring system Juniper uses (Transrisk Score) went up 200 points. :roll: Went from 333 to 545.

I also got my 90 days late/collection account removed on my Household bank card. It's still marked as closed though.

I'm a happy camper! :p

How do you get a score from juniper?

After you login at juniper.com it's listed under your Purchase APR. Trust me, their score is garbage. They had me at 333 which is a bankruptcy score by MyFico standards. I've never had a score lower than 600 on MyFico. My credit report has been clean from 2005 to present. They pull from TU