Simple Question

1flyfisher

If you pay the original creditor what you owe them, does the CA have to delete a negative trade line?

I would think that they do.

If they list their CA with a negative trade line as paid, that would be in error since nothing was ever paid to them.

Thoughts????? Anyone have an accurate answer on this?

On medical bills that have gone to CA on behalf of the OC I usually contact the OC and pay them, getting them to agree to drop the CA TL.

If you already paid, call the OC back and plead hardship and ask them to direct their CA to drop the TL. (They are their clients so the CA listens to them :)

So is your answer to the question....>>>>>The CA don't have to delete the neg TL?

On medical bills that have gone to CA on behalf of the OC I usually contact the OC and pay them, getting them to agree to drop the CA TL.

If you already paid, call the OC back and plead hardship and ask them to direct their CA to drop the TL. (They are their clients so the CA listens to them :)

Oh yeah I see what you are saying. Your asking if you have to dispute both or just the OC for them to come off. I'm wondering the same thing, but from one of the tutorials it looks like you have to send DV's to the CA and dispute letters to the OC's.

Since you very new at this I can understand that you are having trouble with this.

I'll try and clarify for you.

There is no dispute with the OC....I paid them.

I am asking if the CA is legally entitled to continue to report a negative trade line listed as a debt owed to them when I in fact paid the OC.

I hope that helps. Reread the original post and this one. That should help you with this credit situation.

Oh yeah I see what you are saying. Your asking if you have to dispute both or just the OC for them to come off. I'm wondering the same thing, but from one of the tutorials it looks like you have to send DV's to the CA and dispute letters to the OC's.

Since you very new at this I can understand that you are having trouble with this.

I'll try and clarify for you.

There is no dispute with the OC....I paid them.

I am asking if the CA is legally entitled to continue to report a negative trade line listed as a debt owed to them when I in fact paid the OC.

I hope that helps. Reread the original post and this one. That should help you with this credit situation.

The OC should direct them to delete the TL. If they didn't I would first contact the OC and request them to direct the CA to delete or dispute the TL as "paid before collection" and see if that scores the delete.