Financial Recovery Services

Shae

Can a company mark my account as "refusal to pay" even though I have DV'd?:confused:

The lady on the phone that I made the mistake of answering said that if she didn't receive a secure payment then she would make it as "refusal to pay."

"Mark" it where???

If you mean your credit bureau reports reflect it as "refusal to pay" rather than disputed then no, they can't do that...if you are disputing a debt then you are disputing a debt and it should be reflected that wan on your bureau reports until that status changes.

If it's anything other then your credit report then it really doesn't matter what they think/how the "mark" it!

:?

Well I kept saying that I need the debt validated before I pay anything because I received more than one letter from different companies for the same debt...Still gonna "mark" it refusal to pay.

Mistake #1 - Answering the phone.

:?

Well I kept saying that I need the debt validated before I pay anything because I received more than one letter from different companies for the same debt...Still gonna "mark" it refusal to pay.

Mistake #1 - Answering the phone.

Was your DV timely? Have they responded? If not, follow up with 2nd DV with a copy of the 1st DV(notating date received and who signed for it) and give them 15 days to respond or delete.

My experience with FRS was with DW's Discover Card. I DV'd and received the original signed credit app straight from Discover. We also have received to settlement offers from Discover to settle for 30% of the original balance.

They can notate whatever they want in their files but if they have reported to the CRA's then you need to make sure it has a notation of "Disputed by Consumer" on the TL.

Ok, and as far as them notating "refusal to pay" and forwarding to their legal department...

I basically just wanna be ready for what I'm in for.

I tried telling the dummy that I needed further proof that they actually owned this account b/c I have received letters on the same acct from a different company, I have every intention to pay. Her word just wasn't good enough.:neutral: