BTO429

Can anyone explain the bumping process?

I saw some of you talking about bumping. Can someone that has done this explain this process in more depth?

With certain website like www.Truecredit.com once you purchase thier monitoring program you can update your credit report (bumping) each day. Bumping is a soft pull that with enough of them (around 50 -60) you will start to bump off the Hard pull (inquires that stay on you CR for 2 years) Some people here have more than one site so they bump 2-3 times a day.

This is what I have learned... some members feel it doesn't work some do...

Me I am still in the early stages of bumping.. around 30 :cool:

you know I really didn't know till now, why my transunion credit reports showed no inquiries, I thought it was just a glitch but during the last 6 months, I pulled my credit report once a day. Now I know why funny! I guess it does work. I left True Credit just last week but I never got any problems for it.... I'm sure they will find a way to fix it eventually.

It kinda sucks that they will ban for this because I didn't even know that this happens and I've been pulling my CR once a day to check on DV, Investigation, and Dispute results. Sometimes I don't even hear back from a CA and I never receive anything from the CRA in the mail so pulling is my only option. But I guess if I get banned then I'll move on somewhere else. Does TC ban for life?

It kinda sucks that they will ban for this because I didn't even know that this happens and I've been pulling my CR once a day to check on DV, Investigation, and Dispute results. Sometimes I don't even hear back from a CA and I never receive anything from the CRA in the mail so pulling is my only option. But I guess if I get banned then I'll move on somewhere else. Does TC ban for life?

Nah, I was one of the first few banned. When you get banned they also lock you out of ALL online disputing. We were banned back in Sept/Oct and our CRs were finally unlocked to us online at the end of January. Not sure if we can use TC though but I'm guessing yes since they now allow daily pulls. Those of us who were banned moved on to other Credit Monitoring services that still give us the same effect. So although we were locked out of our CRs, we were still able to bump using a different service to do it. :D

According to the FAQ pages at the CRAs and myFico.com, "soft" inquiries like the ones you can do and the ones that CAs do, don't hurt your scores at all.

"Hard" inquiries by people who are thinking about offering you credit do ding you about 10-20 points (depending on what category you're in), but their effect diminishes with age and disappears entirely after 1 year.