Where some good places to get credit from

BTO429

I'll second Fizzle on the HSBC (haven't tried Cap One so I can't say on that). It doesn't seem like much when they give you a $300 CL but that is how I started. After that you should get a couple of other offers, and those too may only be $300-$500, but remember, you are rebuilding. Rome didn't get built in a day and your credit score won't be rebuilt in a day either.

Yes. There are two different types of HSBC cards you can get, and HSBC will only allow you to have two accounts with them at once. I believe the two links listed are for two different card types, and they are pretty flexible on approval.

Also Crown Jewelers will give you a 1500 limit, and they don't pull your credit. For me they took about 40 days to post to my credit report. I only charged $88 on it, and it looks good only having $88/1500 used on the card.

I also joined up with a credit union and got a secured credit card at 12.5% interest with no annual fee.

Once you have an account that is paid as agreed, then First Premier Bank will give you a card, but they have their fees

Also some department stores will give you credit if you don't have any.

I got a line of credit from Beneficial, which is now Household. I needed money to get my AC replaced, and only Beneficial would give me a loan. The rate is astronomical :shock:, but gave me an $11,000 CL that reports to all 3 CRA.

That sure bets the $300 limits HSBC gives now. Is that revolving or installment credit, and do they still do it?

Joseph