What Are The Chances.....

That a debt collector will actually send the debt back to the Original Creditor after telling them in a letter that you wish to deal with the original creditor?

I told the lawyer/collector that because of them violating the FDCPA, i chose not to deal with them, and that i planned to sue them for their violations (i sated the violations) if they filed a lawsuit against me for this debt. That was on Feb 2nd. I have not heard from them since. When i spoke with Citicards today, they had not heard anything on the matter. I asked Citi if they could pull it from collection and they state they cannot. The debt has been with the CA for about 4 months now.

That a debt collector will actually send the debt back to the Original Creditor after telling them in a letter that you wish to deal with the original creditor?

I told the lawyer/collector that because of them violating the FDCPA, i chose not to deal with them, and that i planned to sue them for their violations (i sated the violations) if they filed a lawsuit against me for this debt. That was on Feb 2nd. I have not heard from them since. When i spoke with Citicards today, they had not heard anything on the matter. I asked Citi if they could pull it from collection and they state they cannot. The debt has been with the CA for about 4 months now.

You're referring to a C&D which gives the CA very few options. They can a)send the debt back to the OC if the OC still owns the debt or B) sue. Once they receive a C&D they are allowed to contact you once more to inform you a) they are ceasing collection efforts or B) specific actions that they are considering whether it be file a law suit or returning it to the original creditor.

Thanks Everyone.

It has been over a month since i wrote that letter. I have not heard anything. I wonder how long until i will get some type of contact?

How do you know if the OC owns the debt still? When i call the OC they just say its with a collection agency. Theres nothing they can do. Does that mean they dont own it then?

Thanks Everyone.

It has been over a month since i wrote that letter. I have not heard anything. I wonder how long until i will get some type of contact?

How do you know if the OC owns the debt still? When i call the OC they just say its with a collection agency. Theres nothing they can do. Does that mean they dont own it then?

How is the OC's TL reported on your CR's? Does it show a balance or is the balance $0?