Couple quick questions

ok I disputed my negative TL with the CRA here is what I got back

EQ - 1 verified, 7 I got their opinion, in other words they didn't investigate. Should I ask that the 7 get deleted?

EX - Said I needed to send verification of my address for them to do an investigation. I sent them a copy of my DL. Are they allowed to ask for more information other than a state issued ID?

TU - I sent the letter Jan 3 they recieved Jan 11. I have not heard a word back. Should everything be deleted? What should I do?

I don't understand the EQ answer... usually the status is verified, updated, or deleted. What's this about opinion?

EX - really I don't understand the fear of sending id and ss. You know they already have it, and if either is wrong, you want it corrected anyway and you'd have to submit this proof.

TU - in theory, their time is up, but there is little you can do about it except call and get a status. Assuming you sent it CMRR you should be entitled to some answers.

I don't understand the EQ answer... usually the status is verified, updated, or deleted. What's this about opinion?

EX - really I don't understand the fear of sending id and ss. You know they already have it, and if either is wrong, you want it corrected anyway and you'd have to submit this proof.

TU - in theory, their time is up, but there is little you can do about it except call and get a status. Assuming you sent it CMRR you should be entitled to some answers.

EQ's exact words were "Adverse Accounts that have been paid in full will automatically be deleted seven years from date of last activity" I know they didn't investigate because one of the accounts I have a letter saying that account should be deleted.

EX - I sent them my DL and social, but they are asking for a recent utility bill. I thought the law said that state issued ID was all that was required. I see this as them delaying.

TU - So if they don't investigate then there is no penatly? It seems that they can do pretty much whatever they want without recourse. I hope I am misunderstanding something here...

Ok, EQ - you've already admitted to the debt by paying it, hence the answer. You'd probably have to attack this one in writing with some sort of documentation otherwise, because the matter is considered closed. Sometimes you can get lucky, but this time it doesn't look like you did. If I were you, I'd try online again in a month or so and see what sticks. EQ doesn't tend to limit disputes like EX.

EX - I don't know the law and can't comment on that. I do know that I've had to use a utility bill to match my identity with an address for a number of things and don't consider it unusual. Perhaps I'm too accepting. And yes, I agree they will use any missing info for delay purposes.

TU - it is unlikely that you'd never hear anything about it. It's the holding them to 30 days that's the problem. By the time you'd get a court date, they'll have your answer, and by then usually no one cares to pursue it further. I really don't know what kind of trouble is reasonable for them to expect even if you did file suit that it was 40 days and not 30 and the work was already done. A judge would likely view it as frivolous. In summary, I expect you will get an answer within the next couple of weeks anyway.

EX - I don't know the law and can't comment on that. I do know that I've had to use a utility bill to match my identity with an address for a number of things and don't consider it unusual. Perhaps I'm too accepting. And yes, I agree they will use any missing info for delay purposes.

Also keep in mind that it is not the CRA that is screwing around with your address; it is the creditors. If they are using the wrong address or screw it up, then it will jack with things. And if you got multiple variations or just completely different addresses and the creditors are reporting that way, then you are always going to have this problem.

The only solution will be to hound the people who are provinding the information to the CRAs. They need to clean up their records.