Capital one prepaid to regular card offer.. Got the low down..

I don't think I am the only one around here that has this card. The deal was, load at least 500 dollars on the card for 3 months, and capital one will give you a real credit card afterwards.

Well.. I loaded 500 in Oct, 1500 in Nov, 2000 in Dec, 1500 in Jan, and 1000 in Feb.

No card offer arrived..

So today I called to cancel it (I mean come on guys..) I guess in the fine print it says the offer of a real credit card will come in April. So I left it open. So, if your waiting for your offer of a real crap1 card, it'll be in the mail next month. The rep told me I qualified for a cap1 card, so I must be in :) probably get a 300 dollar limit one :neutral:

Just about all my TL's came to me in Dec. I got the prepaid deal in Oct. Due to some family issues, I have had to use the snot of out of the TL's I have. I thought my tax refund would pay um all off, but because my kid was on MA for a while guess what my lovely state did.

Yup, they snatched my 5000 refund (state and fed) and then sent me a thank you, you still owe us 2K letter.

They also started a child support case even though now, both the mother and my son live with me. They flat out refuse to drop it. It's not a huge deal, I send them 600 bucks, she gets 598 back a week later and we pay bills. However, the support was back dated to last august and guess what, i'm behind becuse I don't have the $ to pay all that back "support" (even though I have been supporting the kid). The bigger issue is if I don't cough up the 2K, they are going to report. So I am going to have to take a second job or a loan out to cover it to keep um off my report.

All this because we needed some sort of health insurance for the kid because he was born a month before my health insurance at work kicked in, and they refused to cover him for anything birth related. He was born 2 months early. So had things went as planned coverage would have been there. Getting health insurance with a job is NUTS. I should be able to get a policy at a fair price that is not coupled with employment. but I diegress.

I don't know the CL that cap one is going to offer. my fico is hanging around 600 right now due to the heavy use of my new TL's. And the fact that they are 3-4 months old. I guess I will know when the offer arrives.

Just about all my TL's came to me in Dec. I got the prepaid deal in Oct. Due to some family issues, I have had to use the snot of out of the TL's I have. I thought my tax refund would pay um all off, but because my kid was on MA for a while guess what my lovely state did.

Yup, they snatched my 5000 refund (state and fed) and then sent me a thank you, you still owe us 2K letter.

They also started a child support case even though now, both the mother and my son live with me. They flat out refuse to drop it. It's not a huge deal, I send them 600 bucks, she gets 598 back a week later and we pay bills. However, the support was back dated to last august and guess what, i'm behind becuse I don't have the $ to pay all that back "support" (even though I have been supporting the kid). The bigger issue is if I don't cough up the 2K, they are going to report. So I am going to have to take a second job or a loan out to cover it to keep um off my report.

All this because we needed some sort of health insurance for the kid because he was born a month before my health insurance at work kicked in, and they refused to cover him for anything birth related. He was born 2 months early. So had things went as planned coverage would have been there. Getting health insurance with a job is NUTS. I should be able to get a policy at a fair price that is not coupled with employment. but I diegress.

I don't know the CL that cap one is going to offer. my fico is hanging around 600 right now due to the heavy use of my new TL's. And the fact that they are 3-4 months old. I guess I will know when the offer arrives.

They do that!! I'm sorry, but your child didn't have insurance so he was on MA and they come along and take the $$ back. I thought that was the point of MA that it help the helpless. Geez. And I didn't know that they could start a child support case on their own without the mother seeking it. Nice to see that the government is right on top of making things harder for someone who's trying to do right!!!:-(

They do that!! I'm sorry, but your child didn't have insurance so he was on MA and they come along and take the $$ back. I thought that was the point of MA that it help the helpless. Geez. And I didn't know that they could start a child support case on their own without the mother seeking it. Nice to see that the government is right on top of making things harder for someone who's trying to do right!!!:-(

The deal was, you want MA, you file the support papers. No support papers, no MA. Then they made her take food stamps and cash assistance. they are coming after me to repay the cash assistance. What I do not understand is how out of the blue, they send me a bill for the assistance, and two letters saying they are going to take my refund to recover the money and oh ya, you have 21 days from the date of this letter to pay up or we report.

I had NO idea they would come after me for the money, or a warning they where thinking about it or I would have paid them last month when I had access to the money.

I'm going to call and fight with them today. They came after me for the full amount of the cash assistance but it was based on her and two kids. Only one of those two is my responsibility. Although for the past 2 years I have been housing her, feeding her and clothing her. The other father is not on the hook for any of it right now. He has a support case to, and has paid a bit last month. but lost his job, so who knows when those payments will start again. When he lost his job the DF and her kid lost their insurance and are doing with out right now.

The deal was, you want MA, you file the support papers. No support papers, no MA. Then they made her take food stamps and cash assistance. they are coming after me to repay the cash assistance. What I do not understand is how out of the blue, they send me a bill for the assistance, and two letters saying they are going to take my refund to recover the money and oh ya, you have 21 days from the date of this letter to pay up or we report.

I had NO idea they would come after me for the money, or a warning they where thinking about it or I would have paid them last month when I had access to the money.

I'm going to call and fight with them today. They came after me for the full amount of the cash assistance but it was based on her and two kids. Only one of those two is my responsibility. Although for the past 2 years I have been housing her, feeding her and clothing her. The other father is not on the hook for any of it right now. He has a support case to, and has paid a bit last month. but lost his job, so who knows when those payments will start again. When he lost his job the DF and her kid lost their insurance and are doing with out right now.

Crap on cracker, Merk, I'm sorry. Heck, if the government is going to use my money to do this stupid stuff, I want my money back!! (I know, good luck getting it).

uhh why?? I am sure the march deal was in the offer.. I'll admit I never read all of it.

If the deal was that you load $500 for three months, then you get a unsecured card, then make them honor it, if they don't, then don't do business with them anymore.

Instead, you loaded around $6,500.00. Believe me, with my history I shouldn't be the one preaching. But, if you want to be in control of your credit score, you need to know the specifics of all of your lines of credit. Think of it as protecting the people that come after you....if they did it to you and made money doing it, then they'll do it to others.

The fine print of the deal was..

Load 500 dollars for 3 consecutive months and we will issue a credit card to you at the end of the program. the program ends 3/31/08. (not exact verbage)

so, they are living up to their end of the deal I just did not read the very fine print.

• 1 month later...

it worked!!! Today I got the e-mail that all I had to do was apply and enter the code provided in the e-mail. My new crap one card is on it's way in 7-10 days. Best of all, all my reports are frozen :) They pulled a soft on EX (and likely the other 3) today so no tripple hard! Limit is unknown at this time. APR is 8.9% AF is 0.