really need help

BTO429

My situation really sucks. I took an extreme hit on my score while on active duty. I lost 300 points I was at 750 with EX now at 452. I didnt know it was that low till I got m score online.

The only account I have right now is my truck payment. It has 2 60 and five 30 day late pays. I took eight months till I started getting my retirement money from the military and I suffered those months.

I need to rebuild but cant even get a cc i m name for sh$$.

I have about ten collections which I need help with.

I have had no collection calls or letters from these CA's in over 2 years.

Got 4 judgments which were obtained while on active duty.

Got two tax liens but I have court docs that show they were expunged by the state.

EX wont remove them, the other two did.

Gawd i need help.

First for CC rebuilding, have you considered applying for a Secured CC? I would recommend BoA, which graduates to a regular CC after about a year and you get your money back on it. That is always a good way to start if you have the money to put down on it. You may also be able to dispute some of those lates with the CRAs and whatever is left when the results come back, send a GW to the loan company. Explain that you just returned from active duty and hit on hard times waiting for your retirement to assimilate back into society as a civilian. They usually go for mushy stuff like that, especially if you were active duty recently. You gotta word it just right to win their hearts. Getting some of those lates off will help a lot.

As for the judgments while you were away on active duty. You may be able to get those vacated since there is credit protection for active duty personnel. I have the info in my siggy, take a look at it.

As for the Tax liens, you may want to get a copy of you Lexis/Nexus report seeing that they are usually the ones that supply the public records info to the CRAs. If you get the liens removed from them then most likely it will get updated with EX the same but it would required disputing with both. LN is just like the other 3 CRAs except that they report public records and judgments. Hope this helps and GL hun.

I didn't even know about LN I will google them and see what I can get accomplished with them.

I am going to the court house today to file a motion to vacate on those judgments.

Right now my scores are so low I cant get squat this sucks I am used to being able to get a loan for anything with no prob

Do ou have a contact number or web page where ca get tis from LN?

Gunny

You probably don't want to hear this. The last thing you need is more debt. It is a cancer that destroys what it touches.

Working on your credit is fine. While I have a philosophical problem with the unethical issues of lying to get items removed (I think the Commandant would not approve) you can and should attack the errors and beat them down.

I hope you have success with the judgments. I posted for you in a different thread that the SSRA might be helpful. I hope you had a chance to read it. Just a caution, if you are successful to get the judgment vacated, there may still exist a liability for the underlying loan.

Getting some of these things fixed will let you buy a home and finance a vehicle.

Long term, please, stay away from the credit cards. They are a curse that serves no good for anyone.

I am happy to help a warrior in any way I can.

go to their home page. it will cost you 8 bucks.

go to the very bottom of the page in small print you will see privacy and security. click on it.

on the next page on the right hand side in small red print there is a link called privacy statement, click on it.

on the very bottom of the next page were it says learn more click on obtain copies about yourself.

On the ext page scroll down a bit in the middle of the page there is a red link that says web form, click on it and then follow the prompts to enter your personal data for the next pages.

you will need a CC

I need to rebuild but cant even get a cc i m name for sh$$.

I have about ten collections which I need help with.

I have had no collection calls or letters from these CA's in over 2 years.

Gawd i need help.

First Premier Bank will give you a card as long as you have at least one account that is Paid as Agreed, even if its closed an in the past. Try applying for that Card. There are some fees, but once you pay it down, its not too bad.

Also, try signing up at a credit union, and get a secured credit card. I just did that for 300 dollars.

Crown Jewelers will approve just about anyone and will give you a $1500 revolving limit.

Have you tried DVing any of the collections, and you know I bet that if you just flat out dispute them as "not yours" 3 to 5 of them will get knocked off. I did some using the online dispute, and then when that didn't work I sent a DV to the CRA except that I changed "validate" to "investigate".

Joseph

I disputed the collections yesterday. was gonna dv them but i think i will wait and see what happens maybe the forgot about me after this much time, i doubt it but i will find out.

Yea First premier keeps sending me CC approvals in the mail. I have sent any them back yet I didt know if it was a k card or not.

I disputed the collections yesterday. was gonna dv them but i think i will wait and see what happens maybe the forgot about me after this much time, i doubt it but i will find out.

Yea First premier keeps sending me CC approvals in the mail. I have sent any them back yet I didt know if it was a k card or not.

I think First Premier is as good as (or as bad as) most subprime cards. Generally speaking you pay $200 in fees to get a $250 or $300 CL. When I was first working my way out of bad credit I got the Tribute card, I've been pleased with them. I don't know what their current offer is, but when I got them they seemed slightly less bad than the usual. They started me at $300 and have increased my CL every 3 to 6 months since I got it in Sept/Oct 2006. My CL is $750 and I'm figuring it will go up to $1000 next month.