How will this affect my score?

apes

Hello all and thank you for this ever so helpful forum. I have read on here for months now and this is my first post. I am excited for my recent success with my credit repair. i just had a few questions I couldn't seem to find the answers to on here. I just got 6 TU deletes and 4 with EX and EQ. They were some big ones too! A repo from OC(but CA is still verified), 2 CC charge offs over $2500 with (8 years of account history), and small utility and medical bills.

So my question is how will this change my score and how fast?

I have been rebuilding...paid a $7500 installment loan off already and on time in less than 3 years, and I am almost a year into on-time payments on a $13,000 auto loan, and have a new $300 HSBS CC. I am also disputing a few inquiries that def are not mine (same maiden name) and other than the new cc, i have been keeping inqs at a minimum.

My current EQ score is 595 and TU 584. I am trying to get at least 650 range by September...am I on the right track?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

It'll be impossible to even guesstimate at score changes, but dropping derogs is always a good thing in the long run.

If they were deleted, you should be seeing a score change within a month or so at most. It's not always consistent.

Hello all and thank you for this ever so helpful forum. I have read on here for months now and this is my first post. I am excited for my recent success with my credit repair. i just had a few questions I couldn't seem to find the answers to on here. I just got 6 TU deletes and 4 with EX and EQ. They were some big ones too! A repo from OC(but CA is still verified), 2 CC charge offs over $2500 with (8 years of account history), and small utility and medical bills.

So my question is how will this change my score and how fast?

I have been rebuilding...paid a $7500 installment loan off already and on time in less than 3 years, and I am almost a year into on-time payments on a $13,000 auto loan, and have a new $300 HSBS CC. I am also disputing a few inquiries that def are not mine (same maiden name) and other than the new cc, i have been keeping inqs at a minimum.

My current EQ score is 595 and TU 584. I am trying to get at least 650 range by September...am I on the right track?

Like Jasen says sometimes, for reasons known only to FICO, it takes a week or two until the negatives dropping off bump your score. For example my last derogatory dropped off EQ on February 26th, on March 6th my EQ FICO bumped up 92 points (yep, I damn near had a heart attack, I was expecting maybe 30-40 points).

Congrats on all of the derog removals! That's so awesome...My husband and I have been in the same boat as you it sounds like and I have seen my score go up 100 points over the last 6 months and my husbands has gone up about 40 points...we still have a lot to remove on his report though.

I saw that you had 2 charge offs removed...could you give me any pointers on how you did that??? I would greatly appreciate it!

I have noticed on my score that when i get a derog removed i gain 5 to 10 points per each.

But that is not always the case, I have lost some points when I disputed a TL.

Dont dispute to many TL's at one time.

But you never can tell there are a lot of factors that determne your score and it is a "TOP SECRET" equation and the CRA's aint talking lol

Like Jasen says sometimes, for reasons known only to FICO, it takes a week or two until the negatives dropping off bump your score. For example my last derogatory dropped off EQ on February 26th, on March 6th my EQ FICO bumped up 92 points (yep, I damn near had a heart attack, I was expecting maybe 30-40 points).

I believe this lends merit that there is hidden info on credit reports that we do not see. If it was a mathematical process were the results showed on your report, then it would report immediately UNLESS they give you a report that is aged.

Personally the only things I like aged are cheese, wine and cars...everything else I would prefer to be as new as possible!

One thing that can keep your score down is if your credit cards are maxed out. If they are maxed and you pay them down to nothing you could see about a 90 point increase in score

Joseph

They were close to the 7 year mark and I just crossed my fingers and hoped they would remove them since they were within 6 months of the "estimated date of removal." Sure enough to my surprise they were gone. I messed up years ago and did not want to file BK and def couldn't pay so I just waited it out and now I am starting over. I wish I had come accoss this site a year ago when I was dealing with a nasty CA that threatened to garnish my wages without a judgement. I would have been a lot further in my repair process. But I am on my way to my very first home purchase. Wish me luck!!

This is in response to BTO429.