I need some assistance please?

hjscm

Okay i have been reading the forums for about 2 dys and still lost. so i decide to join and ask a question. my fico score is 638 and the one problem that really bugs me is there is a collection on it from 2004 for $153.00 this was paid right away but it still shows up on the report. status says

Paid account/was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default.

but nothing else below it is reported. date paid, date closed, payment status all say not reported. can i get this off my record? sorry for the stupid question just been trying to read just about this subject but can't figure it out.

thanks for the help

Most people have a hard time getting paid collections off their reports. The problem is, once the agency gets paid, they have no reason to deal or listen to you again.

Sometimes you can get lucky and just disputing it with the CRA will work (I usually go with the "not mine" response). I've dropped a few off my wife's that way.

thanks for the help. i will try to start with he CA first. i don't have any info it was paid by credit card a long time ago. don't remember which one.

thanks again

Personally I would wait to go to the CA until I have disputed with the CRA's and have it come back verified. Some CA's will not waste time verifying a paid collection (only the petty spiteful CR poisoners do). If verified then go the goodwill route.

This how i got them off my cr.

Remember after you pay them they really don't care whether they deal with ou any more or not.

Send the CRA's a dispute as not mine. and wait they prob wont verify cause they got their money ad don't give crap now.

So after 30 days it get deleted.

Worked for me but what works for one usually aint the same for ohters these CRA's are devils.

So i see the nutcase letter and i am thinking about sending that to EQ and Ex. would this be the right thing to do? i am thinking about this one cause that is exactly what happend i moved and returned there box and they never sent anything to me and when the CA called i paid it. so do i just copy it and change what i want and then where do i end it? i am so excited i found this site.

thanks

So i see the nutcase letter and i am thinking about sending that to EQ and Ex. would this be the right thing to do? i am thinking about this one cause that is exactly what happend i moved and returned there box and they never sent anything to me and when the CA called i paid it. so do i just copy it and change what i want and then where do i end it? i am so excited i found this site.

thanks

I think the nutcase may be a little overkill. Just a simple dispute in your own words.