Planning on paying off an OC

ikuomanero

I have already sent out a letter of investigation CMRRR earlier this month, but I realized that since they are still reporting the entry as a CO as of this month (DOFD Aug 2006, Opened Mar 2005, Closed Jan 2007, WO Mar 2007), I would like to pay it off in full in one lump sum (don't worry: I can really afford it). The amount due now is about 2.67 times the original credit limit.

What I was hoping for in return is to have them update my TL from it's current trashed out state back to a good state where they update the entry on all three to reflect a string of on-time payment history and status as being current. And if they offer some sort of rehab program, then I would be willing to join it (no, it's not Amex, btw). I am hoping to do this so that I can start to apply for better credit accounts where the limits are better than what I have been receiving lately, as well as have a good three-year TL to boost my scores.

Do you think what I am asking for is too much to ask of an OC?

(BTW, update on my credit app spree: Amex Blue [turned down], Target [RedCard $200], Macy's [store card $400], official EX FICO 614) :D

There is an old saying that goes:

If you don't ask, you don't get...

However, you got to speak to the right people. If you are talking to some lowly clerk of the OC, the natural answer is just for you to drop your pants and bend over.

You got to talk to the right person which would be a manager. Unfortunately, too many people are unaware that a creditor can do anything with a tradeline, including deleting it or re-aging it. There is a lot of stuff that can be done but even if you explain it correctly, it is natural for them to think that you are conning them because they don't know the law.

Give it a shot but don't get your hopes up. Also, spend a lot of time going over the posts and threads of this site because there are a hell of a lot of people who accomplished exactly what you are aiming for and you might want to see how they did it.