CA Verfies, no notice of insert, wrong dates/amounts ITS inclosed

merkurfan

Little history.. It was paid, depending on the date of my report for TU and the others, it was 130 dollars that was paid 05/02 or 100 dollars paid 03/02 they verified both dates and amounts already.. they reported to EX and EQ 02/01/08 and NEVER notified me. Even though they have current contact info for me when I smacked them down on a unpaid collection (deleted by them, I offered PFD, they went straight for the D) So, heres my letter to them. tell me what you think.

Dear Collections Manager

Recently your company added a never before listed trade line to my credit reports on Experian and Equifax. This letter is to inform you of several FCRA violations and is an attempt to settle this issue with out the use of our court systems.

First violation is FCRA 623 (7) B. This is the requirement to notify me of the insertion of negative information with in 30 days. Something your company has failed to do. Although you have now changed the date reported to March 01 2008 the original date you reported the account was February 01 2008, well past your 30 days to notify me even though through my contact with you about other accounts your company is well aware of my current location. And my current mailing address is listed on my credit reports. I have copies of credit reports dating back many years. Your information has never been reported to Experian or Equifax. Your company also failed to notify me in April 2007 when you inserted the information to Transunion.

Second violation is FCRA 623 A (1) This requires what you report to be correct. The amount you are reporting does not match what was reported to transunion nor does the date paid. You have since verified the amount and date with Equifax, and through prior disputes verified the amount and date with Transunion.

At this time I am also requesting a full investigation of this account under FCRA 623 (B) I dispute the amount, validity of the debt and the dates you have reported.

The FCRA gives me the power to sue for violations under section 616 and/or 617. I ask you to weight your options.

At this time I am requesting this incorrect information be deleted from my credit reports and barred from being reported ever again.

Instead of the FCRA gives me the power to sue,

I would say gives me the right to sue and I WILL exercise that right if the innacurracy you have reported is not immediately removed.

The alternate (softer) approach would be to say something like,

by your actions, my credit score and reputation has been damaged. I could take legal action and recover damages, but I would settle this matter with an immediate full delete of the innaccurate old record.

etc..

Hope this helps.

THEY RUINED MY FUN!!! And I think they monitor this site. Cuz the scumbags not only gave up again with out a fight, I didn't even get to lick a stamp or nutting...

they deleted 3 days after they verified... :(

Can ya believe it.. I am mad they ended the war with out a fight.

THEY RUINED MY FUN!!! And I think they monitor this site. Cuz the scumbags not only gave up again with out a fight, I didn't even get to lick a stamp or nutting...

they deleted 3 days after they verified... :(

Can ya believe it.. I am mad they ended the war with out a fight.

Sun Tzu probably has something to say about this. Something along the lines of "The greatest victories are those that are achieved without engaging in battle."

DH

• 3 weeks later...