NFCU CC application Voided

Has anyone else had to submit information before a card was issued? I checked my messages and it said my CC application was voided. I called them right away and they said the application was still open and that a letter requesting more information is on its way. Did anyone else get a response like this for one of their cards?

Hello,

I recieved the same message for my applications, I finally called and they asked me questions to confirm my identity. After confirming my identity, they said they would continue the application process. I checked all week for the status and only thing it stated was application voided. I recieved a letter yesterday stating that they need me either mail or fax a copy of my social security card to them. In order for them to complete the process.

Congrats omega!

When I applied for my card, I had the same message about my CC being voided. They called me and wanted me to fax over my letter of employment..since I had just started my job, and I had also just started getting credit down here.

If they need more info, it might be their way of saying it's 'suspended' until they get back the info they need.

Good luck on this try isislc!

Isislc,

Thanks, I hope things work out for you as well with NFCU. They never notified me that it was approved. When I continued to look at the status of the account is still says voided. I did not know that it was approved until I went to look at my account online and I noticed the visa rewards and limit being 5,000. Continue to go online and look at your accounts and you may find your Visa account listed.

GOOD LUCK8]

NFCU is pretty good at giving the 'trifecta' which is a Visa, MC and the Line of Credit. If you've got one (and it's a good limit I might add) then you're pretty much good to go with the others. And remember, you can always get the INQ removed from EQ...just do it before they start to report ;)

Hello,

I took the deep plunge and applied for the Platinum Mastercard on Sunday, it was put on hold due to my fraud alert. I had to answer questions and they said that I should hear something in the next 24-48hrs. I will let you know the outcome.

Once again thanks everyone for all of your help with cleaning my credit. To think of all that money I wasted with Lexington Law Firm.

My equifax is all cleaned up now, Experian refused to delete anything from my report.

I'm still waiting on the letter they supposedly sent me. It was voided on the 13th and today is already the 18th. I'm starting to get discouraged with this. :?

**Update**

Well I got the letter yesterday asking for verification of my address. I faxed a bunch of stuff in to make sure. Just waiting to find out if I got the card or not now. I was told to call tomorrow to check on the status. Wish me luck.

WOW you guys are good at this...

I only hope to be as good...

What exactly is the NFCU card? What are the requirements for it? I got approved for $750.00 Household and $250.00 Fingerhut

I need a freakin' card with a high limit...dang it.

It's kind of an exclusive CU for members, immediate family, or household members of the Marine Corp or Navy. Unless you belong in one of those categories you can't even get in the door. Recently NFCU just announced that they will be opening membership to all military branches though, not sure when it will be happning. Now NFCU has a trifecta like Kay jewelers does. If you can get approved for their Visa, most likely you can get the MC and the LOC also. They are BK friendly and you need a Fico for EQ for at least 600. They pull exclusively from EQ and it's a hard inq for each of their products, not including checking and savings.

If you're TU isn't so bad, try applying for the Juniper Carnival Miles card and Hooters. They were my highest cards at $2k and $3k.

**Update**

Ok, I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I called them tonight before the CU closed to see if they got my paperwork. The girl said they did and she was reading over what I sent in. One of the documents was one of my statements from my current CU near work that shows all the money going out to pay bills. She read off bank statement and I know she looked at the sheet because she said wow, nice. What the hell does that mean? lol. Hopefully a good thing. Not sure when I'll get the final word but it sounds like the next day from what Omega posted. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I may have an answer by tomorrow morning.

"If you're TU isn't so bad, try applying for the Juniper Carnival Miles card and Hooters. They were my highest cards at $2k and $3k."

Thanks for the advice! Do you mind if I ask what your TU is? Did they only pull that? Mine is at a 606 and I have a baddie falling off as soon as April hits...one in May too.

Thanks!

"If you're TU isn't so bad, try applying for the Juniper Carnival Miles card and Hooters. They were my highest cards at $2k and $3k."

Thanks for the advice! Do you mind if I ask what your TU is? Did they only pull that? Mine is at a 606 and I have a baddie falling off as soon as April hits...one in May too.

Thanks!

When I got those cards my TU was about 580. You should be able to get a CC with both of them easily with a 606. I also know that Juniper also pulls EQ but Hooters is strictly TU. You can also try for the Barnes and Noble card with Juniper as well as the iTunes. Those other 2 cards are also Juniper and are pretty easy to get.

I'm crossing my fingers for you isislc!

I had DH apply on line for the Platinum MC on Wednesday night and got the 24 hours review notice. Yesterday when we got home we had the approved message. Another $5000 CL.

We're going to transfer his Walmart Discover, First Premier and Best Buy MC balances to it. And then FIRE FP! Going to call BB about his crappy limit and annual fee...see what we can do about that.

Hello,

I took the plunge and applied for the Platinum Mastercard, I looked at my account today and the Platinum Mastercard is on my report today. My credit line is 3,000. Once again thanks so much for all your help and your encouragement.

I have had Navy Federal Credit Union for 9 years, and every time in the past that I applied for any kind of credit with them I was always denied. So I am overwhelmed. I am going to use the card for Hawaii next month and then pid when I return home.

I'm still waiting, nothing yet. :(

**Update**

Damn, I faxed in that paperwork almost 3 days ago now so I called them. They still haven't decided and I was told I may not know till MONDAY!! I'm really starting to get discouraged about even getting this card. *Sigh*