DV Understanding and Questions...

lovelydria

Ok… this is the deal. I have 5 medical collections with Central FINL Control, and 1 with OSI Collection Services. I have tried to contact the Hospital about theses accounts and they refuse to work with me, they keep giving me there information.. So I said ok, I will try to deal with them. Well from my reading on this website, the best weapon for collections is to DV them.. I sent one letter to Central FINL Control for all 5 medical collections on Jan.18, 2008, and I sent the DV follow up letter on Feb. 23, 2008. This collection company has not sent me anything. I really want to get theses collections off my credit because I am trying to get a car and this is hurting my credit. I also sent OSI collection services a DV letter on Jan. 18, 2008 and I sent them a follow up letter on Feb. 23, 2008 as well and nothing from them. I guess the question is what I should do now. I have been trying to follow the right steps according to this website. Oh another thing when I was DV the collections I was also disputing with the CRA’s, so I guess in other words I was doing the 1-2 punch. When I sent the follow up letter to the collection companies I did not dispute with the CRA (just going by the 1-2 punch chart). The 15 days are up, so what’s the best thing to do with the CRA and the collections companies.

This is and or was my plan.

1. DV Collection Companies

2. If they send the right information pay them.

3. They are delaying my plan… lol. Because they will not send me and information but con. To verify with the CRAS….. MY HEAD HURTS… WHAT SHOULD I DO...? O YEAH TU DELETED ALL 5 MEDIACL ACCOUNTS BUT NOT EX OR EQ, PLEASE HELP!!!!

well, if EX and EQ come back saying the CAs validated to them, but the CAs haven't answered your letters, you write EX adn EQ back with a copy of everything and note that teh debt cannot be coorect/accurate/valid if the CAs have not told you the same thing they told the CRAs, therefore the items should be removed as inaccurate.

... in the Good Credit is Sexy Book! Based off my reading I can edit the following letter to send to EX and EQ!

After the Collection Agency Fails to Validate Your Debt/

The Letter to Send to the Credit Bureaus

Assuming you have contacted the collection agency using our debt validation

methods, and they have failed to send you adequate proof of your legal obligation

to pay a debt, this is the letter you need to write to the credit bureaus. Keep a copy

for your files and send the letter registered mail.

Company

Address1

Address2

City, State Zip

Date

RE: Account XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madame:

I am writing to dispute the account referenced above. I have disputed this account

information as inaccurate with you, and you have come back to me and stated you

were able to verify this debt. How is this possible? Under the laws of the FDCPA,

I have contacted the collection agency myself and have been unable to get them to

verify that this is indeed my debt.

I enclose copies of my requests to the collection agency, asking them to validate

my debts, and the receipts showing that I sent these letter certified signature

request. This debt is not mine and I was given no evidence of my obligation to pay

this debt to this collection agency.

The FCRA requires you to verify the validity of the item within 30 days. If the

validity cannot be verified, you are obligated by law to remove the item. There is

a clear case of unverified debt here, and I urge you to remove this item before I

am forced to take legal action.

In the event that you can not verify the item pursuant to the FCRA, and you

continue to list the disputed item on my credit report I will find it necessary to sue

you for actual damages and declaratory relief under the FCRA. According to this

regulation, I may sue you in any qualified state or federal court, including small

claims court in my area.

While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights

under the FCRA.

I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter.

Sincerely,

Signature

Your Name

Your Address

City, State Zip

enclosures

I am going to put both letters that I sent to both collections along with a copy of the green cards.. anything else you think I should add?