New Here....need some advice please

degrl23

Hi everyone. My name is Stephanie and I am in my mid-twenties and I am over my head in credit card debt. (Long story short, parents wouldn't fill out a FAFSA, so college tuition that I couldn't pay I had to put on credit cards). I am currently working with CCCS and paying a little over $700/month towards my total debt of $30k (it is now around 24k). In a few months my living situation is going to change and I am going to have rent payments upwards of $1000/month. I will NOT be able to make my DMP payment of $700 plus my living expenses.

I don't know what to do. I spoke with CCCS but my payment could only be lowered about $100 a month. I thought about filing chapter 13, but if at all possible I would like that to be a complete and total last resort.

I am looking into debt negotiation, but I don't know how that will affect my current accounts in the DMP. Also, since the amount unpaid can be claimed as income, I am afraid I will get hit by a hefty tax bill as well.

Any one have experience with CCCS and then debt negotiation, or just with debt negotiation in general that can lend me some advice?

Thank you very much.