the bumpig process with True Credit

BTO429

How do you update is my question

When you're looking at your credit report on true credit, look over on the right hand side and you will see a link that says "update report." Click it and it will ask you if you're sure and then you will have to retype the numbers that appear, click update and there ya go! You can do it once every 24 hours.

When you're looking at your credit report on true credit, look over on the right hand side and you will see a link that says "update report." Click it and it will ask you if you're sure and then you will have to retype the numbers that appear, click update and there ya go! You can do it once every 24 hours.

I did this. Are you saying doing this every day moves inquires down the list and then off your report? Like it runs out of space? Can you explain this?

Joseph

I'm gonna have to come up with an emoticon for tilting at windmills...

I did this. Are you saying doing this every day moves inquires down the list and then off your report? Like it runs out of space? Can you explain this?

Exactly. The online display that the CRAs show to you has a limit to the number of inquiries that they will show you. Their web sites are designed to limit "traffic" to something their servers can handle. When your daily soft pulls cause the number of inquiries to exceed that limit, you no longer see the older ones. This makes it appear as though older inquiries have been bumped off your records. However, the FCRA mandates that anyone doing a "hard" pull on your reports is allowed to see all inquiries dating back one year, and that those pulling your reports for employment purposes are allowed to see two years. There is nothing in the law that state how many inquiries you are allowed to see.

There are people on the board here that swear that bumpage actually works. The theory is...pull your reports daily, and at some point, the "baddies" will disappear. I agree...but...IMO, that's because either a.) the space allocated to what you can see fills up, or b.) the baddies reach their natural age limit and fall off.

So...my advice is...if you have a legitimate reason to review your reports often...like, for example, you have a pending DV with a CA and you want to make sure the TL gets marked "in dispute"...then pull your reports every couple of weeks. On the other hand, if the only reason you pull your reports is for bumpage...save your money...its an urban myth.

I'm gonna have to come up with an emoticon for tilting at windmills...

There are people on the board here that swear that bumpage actually works. The theory is...pull your reports daily, and at some point, the "baddies" will disappear. I agree...but...IMO, that's because either a.) the space allocated to what you can see fills up, or b.) the baddies reach their natural age limit and fall off.

So...my advice is...if you have a legitimate reason to review your reports often...like, for example, you have a pending DV with a CA and you want to make sure the TL gets marked "in dispute"...then pull your reports every couple of weeks. On the other hand, if the only reason you pull your reports is for bumpage...save your money...its an urban myth.

This is no urban myth or a theory. Just because it has not or will not work for you, don’t discourage other people from trying it for themselves. I've been pulling my reports daily since January 17th, 2008. At that time I had 25 inquiries with TransUnion. To keep track of my progress, I print my 3-in-1 merged credit reports to an XPS document every day and notate my score on a separate notepad file (I still do this everyday). As my TransUnion inquiries are *bumped* off (due to database limitations with TransUnion or whatever is taking place behind the scenes), my score has shot up by exactly two points for every inquiry removed. Some people say one or two points per inquiry removal. Mine was exactly two points each. Do the math. That’s 50 points from having ALL of my inquires removed. My FICO score shot up into the mid 700's. I then searched the “Credit Pulls Database” on Credit Boards for the creditors who pull TransUnion so I can isolate the best deals according to my best credit report. I then applied and got approved for over $53,000 in unsecured credit in less than a week. Nine credit cards and one unsecured personal loan. As I was applying for credit, I was also *bumping* along the way. Not once have I been turned down because of excessive inquiries. 25 inquiries would normally have your credit request denied due to excessive inquiries, but I had none. It gets better. I already had four of the newly generated inquires for my new credit cards removed from my TransUnion report. So much for staying on my report for 2 years. They couldn’t even stay on my report for two weeks. My score has since dropped significantly because of the new accounts, but that will eventually go back up again as I establish a history with all my newly secured "unsecured" credit.

TransUnion inquiry *bumping* is no “urban myth” or "theory". I have all the documentation to prove that bumping works, along with the testimonials of many other people here in this forum. I have no idea where you (willingtocope) get that idea of NOT being able to see your own inquiries, because THAT sounds made up.

Either way, I'm not here to prove anything to anybody. I'm just stating my case. To each his (or her) own. Have a nice day! :D

My first deletions started taking place about 45 days of pulling my report every day. From what I read here in this forum, it's different for everybody. Some people say one month, some say three months. It all varies. You just have to be consistent and pull every single day. That's all. At least, that's what worked for me.

I keep telling myself that if I can keep one person from throwing their money away, all this will be worth it.

I've been pulling my reports daily since January 17th, 2008. At that time I had 25 inquiries with TransUnion. To keep track of my progress, I print my 3-in-1 merged credit reports to an XPS document every day and notate my score on a separate notepad file
Just to stir the "myth" a little more...3-in-1 reports are part of the scam. The only part of it that is remotely accurate or current is the part supplied by whichever CRA charges you for the honor of participating. The other two will not part with their information on a daily basis without being paid for it. Furthermore, the score you're given is a FAKO score...the sponsoring CRAs estimation of what the FICO "here's a sucker that CCs can make money off of score"...it is NOT a score that anyone who will be lending you money will ever see.
... my score has shot up by exactly two points for every inquiry removed. Some people say one or two points per inquiry removal. Mine was exactly two points each. Do the math. That’s 50 points from having ALL of my inquires removed.
Since, in order to perpetuate the myth, FAKO scores are based strickly on what YOU can see, that doesn't surprise me.
My FICO score shot up into the mid 700's.
Did you actually pay myFico.com to see this? If not, you were misled.
I then searched the “Credit Pulls Database” on Credit Boards for the creditors who pull TransUnion so I can isolate the best deals according to my best credit report. I then applied and got approved for over $53,000 in unsecured credit in less than a week....25 inquiries would normally have your credit request denied due to excessive inquiries, but I had none. It gets better.
Well...since the credit card companies are delighted by people with high "sucker" scores and are not concerned with inquiries, again, this doesn't surprise me.
So much for staying on my report for 2 years. They couldn’t even stay on my report for two weeks.
Folks, I don't make this stuff up. Its the law.
My score has since dropped significantly because of the new accounts, but that will eventually go back up again as I establish a history with all my newly secured "unsecured" credit.
Somehow, I don't see that as an accomplishment. Basically, what you've done is bought a new shovel to dig another credit hole for youself. Good luck with that.
To each his (or her) own.
I certainly agree with that. I'm just trying to make sure that people understand what's real and what's wishful thinking.

…And I keep telling myself that if I can keep two people investing in their credit with “3-in-1” reports, this, too, will be worth it.

Funny how you break down all my comments to somehow attempt to prove a point or something. Nice. A little cynical about credit repair, are we? Are you mad at people in this forum or something? Calling others “suckers” isn’t nice. Relax man. Get a hug or something. I’ll try to follow your format and respond to your comments paragraph by paragraph, without quotes.

I will agree that “3-in-1” reports don’t necessarily pull daily from the “other” bureaus, whichever one applies. That’s fine. In my experience, TrueCredit does not pull an accurate report from Experian or Equifax daily, but all I was concerned about at the time was for my TransUnion report, from TrueCredit.

Also, I never intended on keeping track of any FAKO, FICO, or any silly scoring system. All I’m doing is removing my TransUnion inquiries using an apparent flaw in their system. The top secret mythical method or algorithmic code used to generate ANY score never really matters to me. Fewer inquiries equal a higher score, anywhere. I was keeping score with TransUnion because that was my way of keeping a score along the way to show my progress. With TrueCredit, my score with them went up 50 points. MyFICO had my score much higher. I had two 700+ scores with MyFICO (Equifax and TransUnion), so I knew my credit repair efforts were working. So, I was NOT misled.

I guess you have not applied for credit lately. Credit card companies ARE concerned with inquiries, thus the reason why MyFICO will count them against you if you have tons of them. You can have an 800 “MyFICO” score, and if you generate 50 inquiries, you will probably not get approved for more credit, unless you apply all at the same time. Plus, you wouldn’t have an 800 score anymore.

The law states that inquiries WILL REMAIN ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR TWO YEARS, and nobody denies that. Folks, it’s true. Inquiries are to remain on your report for two years. I don’t think the guys running the TransUnion credit reporting system got the memo. Did I break the law when TransUnion dropped a couple of my inquiries in less than two weeks? If so, sue me. Let’s see how that plays out in court.

Ah, about my “accomplishment” of locking in over $50,000 in unsecured credit. You're too funny! Are you new to credit or something? I’ve locked in more unsecured credit because I know that in two years, I can lock in two or three times of corporate credit based on how much unsecured credit I’ve responsibly managed on my own (along with a number of other factors). Just because you’re not disciplined enough to handle over $50,000 in credit, does not mean other people can’t. It’s not like I locked in $50,000 in DEBT… I locked in $50,000 in AVAILABLE CREDIT. It’s all about perspective. You have obviously been taught that credit is BAD and EVIL. You read my “$50,000+ in unsecured credit” as a new plasma HDTV, a new car, new clothes, jewelry, etc. Do you really think that every time somebody locks in a new credit card that they’re going to immediately charge it up to the max? That’s silly, immature, and shows a severe lack of discipline. Nice. Give your parents props. :lol:

FYI… any time a new credit account shows up on your report, your score goes down initially, but it eventually goes up with responsible use. Every time. That is my intention and your free lesson for today.

Forget wishful thinking. For what’s real, to each his (or her) own.

Just to stir the "myth" a little more...3-in-1 reports are part of the scam. The only part of it that is remotely accurate or current is the part supplied by whichever CRA charges you for the honor of participating. The other two will not part with their information on a daily basis without being paid for it.

I had three EQ inquiries yesterday on my app spree and TrueCredit notified me of all of them by noon today. TC is a TU product, so that debunks your theory/argument I quoted above. WTC, you give a lot of good advice so I'm not sure why this always has to turn into an argument...but it appears that *b* does work for some and I certainly don't agree with what you've said above about trimerges. Since I've subscribed to TrueCredit, I've found that their reports stay on top of activity on all three reports very quickly.

This is no urban myth or a theory. Just because it has not or will not work for you, don’t discourage other people from trying it for themselves. I've been pulling my reports daily since January 17th, 2008. At that time I had 25 inquiries with TransUnion. To keep track of my progress, I print my 3-in-1 merged credit reports to an XPS document every day and notate my score on a separate notepad file (I still do this everyday). As my TransUnion inquiries are *bumped* off (due to database limitations with TransUnion or whatever is taking place behind the scenes), my score has shot up by exactly two points for every inquiry removed. Some people say one or two points per inquiry removal. Mine was exactly two points each. Do the math. That’s 50 points from having ALL of my inquires removed. My FICO score shot up into the mid 700's. I then searched the “Credit Pulls Database” on Credit Boards for the creditors who pull TransUnion so I can isolate the best deals according to my best credit report. I then applied and got approved for over $53,000 in unsecured credit in less than a week. Nine credit cards and one unsecured personal loan. As I was applying for credit, I was also *bumping* along the way. Not once have I been turned down because of excessive inquiries. 25 inquiries would normally have your credit request denied due to excessive inquiries, but I had none. It gets better. I already had four of the newly generated inquires for my new credit cards removed from my TransUnion report. So much for staying on my report for 2 years. They couldn’t even stay on my report for two weeks. My score has since dropped significantly because of the new accounts, but that will eventually go back up again as I establish a history with all my newly secured "unsecured" credit.

TransUnion inquiry *bumping* is no “urban myth” or "theory". I have all the documentation to prove that bumping works, along with the testimonials of many other people here in this forum. I have no idea where you (willingtocope) get that idea of NOT being able to see your own inquiries, because THAT sounds made up.

Either way, I'm not here to prove anything to anybody. I'm just stating my case. To each his (or her) own. Have a nice day! :D

Hey, I am open to things that work, but I am pulling my FAKO scores from True credit every day, except yesterday, I don't see the difference... Does it take a number of times before they start dropping off?

Joseph

It took nearly two months before my inquiries starting dropping off. Just update your reports daily through TC and keep track of everything.

I would like to say that after applying for all this new credit, the consistency of the *b* is, well, very inconsistent. One dropped just yesterday. None today. Oh well. No complaints here.

Ah, about my “accomplishment” of locking in over $50,000 in unsecured credit. You're too funny! Are you new to credit or something? I’ve locked in more unsecured credit because I know that in two years, I can lock in two or three times of corporate credit based on how much unsecured credit I’ve responsibly managed on my own (along with a number of other factors). Just because you’re not disciplined enough to handle over $50,000 in credit, does not mean other people can’t. It’s not like I locked in $50,000 in DEBT… I locked in $50,000 in AVAILABLE CREDIT. It’s all about perspective. You have obviously been taught that credit is BAD and EVIL. You read my “$50,000+ in unsecured credit” as a new plasma HDTV, a new car, new clothes, jewelry, etc. Do you really think that every time somebody locks in a new credit card that they’re going to immediately charge it up to the max? That’s silly, immature, and shows a severe lack of discipline. Nice. Give your parents props. :lol:

LMAO! Dude you are funny as hell, truly, and with no sarcasm intended.

I do understand WTC's fear about credit. [The majority of] People who read CIC did not initially start out financially/fiscaly responsible. Myself included. People who are here are here because they need to get out of the mess they did. When you correct a problem that was caused way back when, you get a sense of pride that it's fixed and you make sure that it's never repeated. Some folks aren't ready for $50k of credit, some are. I know I have close to $3000k right now...it's nowhere near maxed out. I pay my balance in full every month. I never used to before, and I never cared. That's why I'm here.

I pretty much see where Brother WTC is coming from and the only thing I and many others here disagree with him on is whether bumping works. He tries to prove it doesn't work much like I would try to prove that 2+2 does not equal 4 [yeah, exactly]. No one here disputes the fact that by law the CRAs have to report for 2 years the hard inquiry. But all I know is that myfico shows that I have x INQs amount of TU INQs I had when I pulled myfico.com scores (TU, EX and EQ). Banks will see the same amount of INQs I see. But yet Brother WTC continues to disbelieve. His heart is definitely in the right place...but alot of people do have that lack of discipline which is why they would avoid high amounts of credit like HIV/AIDS. I don't subscribe to that, but alot of people do, and I can respect that.

from what i hear it takes a while. I been doing it about a week now and i have seen nothing yet.

*b* is not a quick fix, by any means. You MUST pull your report daily. It took me about two months, but others claim that it takes much less time. I don't know how it works in the background, but some believe that if your credit report is "thin" or if you have a short credit history, it will take less time. I don't know for sure.

Either way, I thought it sounded a little "scammish" that all I had to do was pull my report every day and then my inquiries just magically start disappearing from TransUnion, but I stayed quiet and hoped for the best… and kept pulling my reports. I was primarily pulling my reports daily because I was keeping track of my credit “restoration” efforts, but a by-product was that the TransUnion inquiries kept dropping. Some say it works with Equifax, but I have yet to see a difference.

The REAL way that I dropped 32 inquiries from my Equifax report was by disputing the inquiries at least every week, regardless of all that junk mail they kept sending me telling me “inquiries will remain for two years” crap. Whatever. I guess it depends who receives your dispute. You know, they say if you’re unemployed, your job is looking for a job. If you have bad credit, getting better credit IS a job. “Lucky” for me, I have a FOB JOB here in Iraq that keeps me on the compound, with lots of downtime to play with. I work my 8-5, I work out, and then it's back to my room to give my old creditors hell. :-)