PPDC instead of CMRRR

BTO429

I have a friend that works at the post office and he was telling me that a CMRRR can be refused.

So I asked him what other means can I use then because I want a reciept.

Priority Post with Delivery Confirmation, he told me, the other person cannot refuse delivery, it is delivered just like normal mail. and you still accomplish the same thing, the confirmation of delivery and a receipt.

Dont you think by now the CA's know what is in an envelope marked CMRRR.

I agree 100%..

NEVER send any letter via CMRRR.. only use PPDC!

I disagree.

Always use USPS First Class mail CMRRR and a copy of the correspondence sent USPS First Class mail with proof of mailing.

I've never heard of any case where a business (CA or otherwise) has convinced a judge that they neither received the certified letter mailed to their business address and concurrently did not receive a regular first class letter sent to the same address (especially if the address IS correct).

Let's also not forget that a CA refusing to accept a CMRRR letter does not automatically get off the hook for the letter's content and such tactics certainly don't look good in the eyes of a judge.

I disagree.

Always use USPS First Class mail CMRRR and a copy of the correspondence sent USPS First Class mail with proof of mailing.

I've never heard of any case where a business (CA or otherwise) has convinced a judge that they neither received the certified letter mailed to their business address and concurrently did not receive a regular first class letter sent to the same address (especially if the address IS correct).

Let's also not forget that a CA refusing to accept a CMRRR letter does not automatically get off the hook for the letter's content and such tactics certainly don't look good in the eyes of a judge.

I have to agree with Robert here.

If it went to court I'm sure a Judge would not look kindly on a CA refusing Certified mail.

The only reason to reject the mail would be to try and duck their obligations. Not a good move on their part now you would have the proof that you were being denied your legal right to DV or they were not willing to cooperate on a settlement.

The primary reason consumers go through all theese "hoops" of doing things in writing/sending CMRRR, etc. it to have a paper trail of who said and did what and when and we do that so that in the event of a lawsuit, the consummer has evidence to present and/to counter the claims of the other side.

Simply stated, the stronger the evidence, in this case, a paper trail, the stronger the case. It stands to reason, then, that you do what you must to build the most bullet-proof paper trail you can.

Any sort of "delievery" with delivery confirmation is probably "OK"...maybe even "good" but which do you think is stronger in the eyes of a judge/jury; a "delivery confirmation" (the postal service saying it delivered the letter) or a document SIGNED by the recipient attesting to the fact that the recipient got the letter?

I'd suggest that the signed document (green card) is the stronger of the two.

Further, CMRRR has a LONG history with the courts being accepted as evidence...email and other forms of communication are making inroads but certainly haven't reached the level of acceptance the CMRRR already has.

Judges understand CMRRR - why use any method of communication you have to explain to a judge?

PPDC provides the paper trail... you just have to

print it out on your computer after it gets sent.

besides,

95% of cases don't go to trial and are settled out of court anyway.

and

even if it ever did go to court

And I am sure a judge would accept it just as they would CMRRR.

Lets agree to disagree.

If you want to your letter to stand out and raise red flags against you

than CMRRR will do that,

however,

if you want to be more

low key and you don't want to look like a so-called 'expert' in credit repair and wiggling out of debt

than PPDC is the way to go.

I have NEVER sent a letter CMRRR, and have been 100% successful in getting all

my collections removed prematurely and I have never had to go to court... just send ITS's,

and the CA acquiesces.

:-)

PPDC provides the paper trail... you just have to

print it out on your computer after it gets sent.

besides,

95% of cases don't go to trial and are settled out of court anyway.

and

even if it ever did go to court

And I am sure a judge would accept it just as they would CMRRR.

Most houses don't guet burned to ground or get burglerized or get taken out by a storm but I still have great insurance and a monitored security system.

CMRRR is VERY inexpensive insurance.

Just becasue most cases don't go to court doesn't mean you don't prepare for that posibility and if I ever did have to go into court; I'd rather do so with evidence I know a judge will accept because of many decades of case law rather than do so hoping he/she will accept it.

To each his own.

As far as PPDC goes it's just delivery confirmation.

It is the mail man saying he delivered the letter. NO PROOF

The dog could have received the letter for that matter or it could have been delivered to the wrong address. This Gives the CA,OC whoever a lot of wiggle room.

CA "well gee it was stolen out of our mail box before we got to read it"

What does one do when a green card comes back to you unsigned, as has happened to me with an OC?

I march down to the USPS station and demand they re-do their screw-up.

It actually happened to me one...I prepared a new letter, including an explanation of what had happened with the original so it would be clear date-wise, then mailed the new letter CMRRR with the post office picking up the bill since their mail carrier screwed up the first one but not getting a signature (and of course a signature is exactly what you are paying for when you send something CMRRR).

I march down to the USPS station and demand they re-do their screw-up.

It actually happened to me one...I prepared a new letter, including an explanation of what had happened with the original so it would be clear date-wise, then mailed the new letter CMRRR with the post office picking up the bill since their mail carrier screwed up the first one but not getting a signature (and of course a signature is exactly what you are paying for when you send something CMRRR).

I was so upset I actually paid a crapload more for Fedex just to get the signature.

Money is tight now, so I will do exactly as you prescribed should that happen again. Thanks.

Just my $.02 worth:

I thought "hey, why don't I save a couple of bucks and just send it certified without the return receipt?" So I asked the Postal Clerk and he told me that the signed return receipt is the only legal proof the letter was received by the addressee. The difference being that just because it was put in a mailbox doesn't prove they received it. A signed green card is absolute proof they received it.

The clerks tell people when they take a CMRRR letter "when you get this green card back in the mail, that is your LEGAL proof they received your letter." just before they tell you to come back and see them again soon.

Just my $.02 worth:

I thought "hey, why don't I save a couple of bucks and just send it certified without the return receipt?" So I asked the Postal Clerk and he told me that the signed return receipt is the only legal proof the letter was received by the addressee. The difference being that just because it was put in a mailbox doesn't prove they received it. A signed green card is absolute proof they received it.

The clerks tell people when they take a CMRRR letter "when you get this green card back in the mail, that is your LEGAL proof they received your letter." just before they tell you to come back and see them again soon.

This is what we have been trying to point out the whole time.

My money has been tight, so I save like a dollar and change by sending Certified Mail and getting the RR by email.

Someone signs it and the USPS scans into system and emails to me. Kinda nifty!:D

Yes...and that probably works just fine.

BUT...

As I stated earlier, the main point in going through all this work in the first place is so that we have good, solid evidence should we have to or decide to go to court...defending yourself in court or proving your case if you are the plaintiff is difficult enough; the last thing you want to have to do is "explain" to a judge why this email copy of a signature is just as good as a green card.

Judges aren't stupid (most of them) and it's not that they don't have a grasp of current technology but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to forgo a very well established process (green card) for a new one you have to explain - you may well wind up never getting the chance to even get to your real arguments!