Jump to content

where can i find if a CA/Lawyer is licensed in my state?

Recommended Posts

I cannot find anything in the GA law.... the site is so dang confusing to me... can't even find whether or not it matters in GA if they're licensed or not. If they are not licensed in GA, and are in NY, can they collect? (not avoiding paying--- bill actually not ours)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Collection agencies do not have to be licensed in Georiga. See http://www.lawdog.com/states/ga/st1c.htm

2. If the bill is not really yours, why are you worrying about the CA being licensed? You can:

-Dispute with the CRAs as "Not Mine"

-Write to the CA and tell them to delete as not yours

-File a ID Theft report with the FTC. Link http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/consumers/filing-a-report.html

Usually showing the FTC complaint is enough to get the CRAs and CAs to remove. If not, you may have to also file a report with your local police.

If you still want a lawyer, try http://www.naca.net/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.