diffrent acct # with all 3 cra's. what do I do?

bassmaineiac

I have an collection listed with all 3 CRA's, but they all have different account #, all the other info is the same. My question is when I dv the ca about this do I send a dv for each account number.

More on this account the ca also has duplicated this account to make it three accounts on each of the cra reports.

ie. Each cra has it listed 3 times with diffrent account # and each cra has a different account # than the other totaling 9 account numbers for 1 account The ca repoting this is arrow. Also the dofd is different on a couple of the listings.:confused: The dofd with the oc has past sol (which is 6 years in my state.) But the sol on the ca listing is still a few years away.

Seams to me they are selling the account to them selves in an attempt to re age the account. Also seems the are duplicating the account.

My second question is if I get my ducks in a row the right way does anybody see the possibility of a lawsuit by me. I would love to nail them to a wall for this.

Thanks in advance for your help:)

I have an collection listed with all 3 CRA's, but they all have different account #, all the other info is the same. My question is when I dv the ca about this do I send a dv for each account number.

More on this account the ca also has duplicated this account to make it three accounts on each of the cra reports.

ie. Each cra has it listed 3 times with diffrent account # and each cra has a different account # than the other totaling 9 account numbers for 1 account The ca repoting this is arrow. Also the dofd is different on a couple of the listings.:confused: The dofd with the oc has past sol (which is 6 years in my state.) But the sol on the ca listing is still a few years away.

Seams to me they are selling the account to them selves in an attempt to re age the account. Also seems the are duplicating the account.

My second question is if I get my ducks in a row the right way does anybody see the possibility of a lawsuit by me. I would love to nail them to a wall for this.

Thanks in advance for your help:)

What I would do is DV them using all three account numbers and dispute them with the CRAs. Then if they didn't come off your reports after that I'd report them to the IL Attorney General and the BBB.* I had some success with Arrow doing this. After I DV'ed, they didn't answer and verified with TU and EX. The account was removed from EQ with my original dispute.

As far as suing them, I don't know. I haven't gone that far with any CA yet.

*I reported them to the FTC as well, but I really don't think that does any good. I just gives the FTC some more ammo if/when they get off their dead butts and do something.