Original creditor has no records of account

BTO429

The OC which was SBC has no records of an account that a JDB now has. I like to know how to deal with it. I want it gone from CR.

I settled this with the OC years ago I had to have settled or I would not be able to get service from them.

If the OC has no records what did they pass on to this JDB???

I believe the OC does have the records but I'm sure they aren't willing to do the work necessary to recover them...of course YOUR records would be as or more important if you have any.

I think you are just going to have to keep pushing this JDB to prove their assertions (that you owe money)...if they can't prove it then they have no right to claim that you do (and report it to the bureaus)...the problem is some of these jerks will only listen to a knock on the door from a process server.

BTO429.. im in the same situation,, I am going to try and use the BBB to see if it works. I have read several post and sometimes the BBB involvement gets things deleted. My acct is with afni, for a 2001 acct, they are reporting as open/credit for a utility bill. Good luck with you also!!!

If the OC didn't have records (and it is way past 30 days to do a timely DV)

Then just do a CMRRR DV to the CRA. If they validate it, follow up with a MOV request. The validation that the CA responds with has to reach the OC and when the collection people realize the can't validate they drop.

Even if the collection agency returns a printout you can write a nasty letter to the CRA after receiving the MOV (ITS) and they will drop it.

It would help, however to get a letter from the OC, stating they don't have a record of any account on your name. That goes directly to the CRA (proof) along with a dispute as 'not mine'.