pls weigh in providian/wamu experience: good records?

indykpc

so ive got a substantial amount of CCs on my report that have gone to collections, one of them being providian/wamu.. i was called this morning by some by with a lawyer sounding name who said they had been assigned the accnt by providian..

how do i tell if its a CA or a lawyer rep-ing the OC.. - in contrast im being sued by capitol one, and i think its actually them sueing me - i think this providian thing is a CA - and want to try to make them prove its mine, that theyre bonded in my state ect..ect.. ect.. (as where with cap one i want to settle, esp since they already sued me, mostly because disputed them with EX i think, opps read that "let sleeping dogs lie" a little to late)

so anyway here the status of the providian accnt in CTC..

EX - Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

TU - Charged off as bad debt purchased by another lender

EQ - Bad debt & placed for collection & skip

ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD

CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT

two CRAs have it as 4000 some odd one as 2100 - the "lawyers" said 2100 this morning.. and WAMU bought providian SINCE they allege i opened this accnt..

SO im thinking this is a case of them not having good records... im going to print dispute letters to all the CRA's today - even though i think i did this with experian's online dispute,

before i go any further though, has anyone else had luck with providian and bad records, should i just try to settle with these guys like i should have with cap one..

should i call wamu and see what records they have?

so ive got a substantial amount of CCs on my report that have gone to collections, one of them being providian/wamu.. i was called this morning by some by with a lawyer sounding name who said they had been assigned the accnt by providian..

how do i tell if its a CA or a lawyer rep-ing the OC.. - in contrast im being sued by capitol one, and i think its actually them sueing me - i think this providian thing is a CA - and want to try to make them prove its mine, that theyre bonded in my state ect..ect.. ect.. (as where with cap one i want to settle, esp since they already sued me, mostly because disputed them with EX i think, opps read that "let sleeping dogs lie" a little to late)

so anyway here the status of the providian accnt in CTC..

EX - Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

TU - Charged off as bad debt purchased by another lender

EQ - Bad debt & placed for collection & skip

ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD

CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT

two CRAs have it as 4000 some odd one as 2100 - the "lawyers" said 2100 this morning.. and WAMU bought providian SINCE they allege i opened this accnt..

SO im thinking this is a case of them not having good records... im going to print dispute letters to all the CRA's today - even though i think i did this with experian's online dispute,

before i go any further though, has anyone else had luck with providian and bad records, should i just try to settle with these guys like i should have with cap one..

should i call wamu and see what records they have?

Looks to me that WAMU/PROV has sold the acct to a JDB so you heard from the CA collecting for that JDB. DV the CA. You can try calling WAMU and see if the can give you any info as to who they sold it to.

so i called providian - they told me out right that they dont have specifics like when i paid last or if i even made any payments or anything other than that it was open in 2004 sold to collects America in 2005..

is the date for SOL when i last made a payment or when it was charged off, they have to keep when the last payment i made was right? were they just lying to me?

so i called providian - they told me out right that they dont have specifics like when i paid last or if i even made any payments or anything other than that it was open in 2004 sold to collects America in 2005..

is the date for SOL when i last made a payment or when it was charged off, they have to keep when the last payment i made was right? were they just lying to me?

SOL is set from DOLP. CACV (Collect America) is a JDB so you are dealing with their CA or CACV sold it on down the line to the next JDB. This is probably a good thing for you because it muddies the chain of custody and documentation. If Providian is still reporting on your CR's then your DOLP should be listed.