Anyone know a lawyer who will help me sue a lawyer?

I settled a CC Debt through the office of Allan Adkins, a Lubbock, TX attorney who collects debt. They won a judgement against me 1 1/2 years ago while I was in Kuwait as a contractor. I came home and offered a settlement which they accepted. I even have letter from them confirming acceptance as paid in full. They have yet to have the county court remove the judgement after over 2 months. I should the County Clerk the letter, but she said it must be recieved from the originator (Adkins). Do I have a case? Should the state BAR be involved?

The Office of Personnel Management has reviewed my Credit Report and found the outstanding judgement, now I may loose my security clearancec & my job.

Any advice on getting this judgement removed? Taking action against Adkins office?

The letter from the opposing attorney states: "Once we recieve notification that the funds have cleared, we will proceed to close this account as SETTLED and petition our client for a Release of Judgment."

I sent them a Cashiers Check on January 18th.

I even have letter from them confirming acceptance as paid in full. They have yet to have the county court remove the judgement after over 2 months.

Ok in your 1st post you state that the judgement was to be removed.

In this second post you state it was to be marked as settled.

The letter from the opposing attorney states: "Once we recieve notification that the funds have cleared, we will proceed to close this account as SETTLED and petition our client for a Release of Judgment."

I sent them a Cashiers Check on January 18th.

Which is it?:confused:

Removed and settled are 2 entirely different things.

Has it ben updated to paid or settled?

They need to give you a Satisfaction letter that YOU will need to file with the court. I would suggest asking them if they would object to a Vacate because the judgment interfears with your job. They usually won't object unless you really piss them off. I would start doing up a Motion to Vacate and give these guys a call. You can file all your papers at once at the courthouse once the Vacate is done and you have the Satisfaction letter in your hand. It takes 1 day to get a Satisfaction letter to file at the court. Call them right away and ask about the Satisfaction letter. You will still need to do the vacate regardless since a judgment is Public Record and it will NOT just come off your CR because the judgment creditor asks them to. A motion needs to be filed for it. Hope this helps.