?RE: TU somehow transferring inaccurate data

Here's a strange and complicated question. I'll be as brief as possible.

On my TrueCredit there is a 60 day late "mark" reflected on Oct '05 for an account that was closed and paid in full in Dec '04. I called TrueCredit regarding this last year and I was told not to worry about it, that it was probably just a glitch in their system and that the account was clearly showing that it was closed in Dec '04.

On my actual TransUnion reports everything is showing correctly, with it being closed and paid in Dec '04.

Fast forward to last week when I pulled a report from myfico.com for TransUnion. Once again, everything showing correctly. However, in the comments section at the beginning of the report it states that my last "late payment" was 2 years and 6 months ago. I know for a fact that i haven't made a late payment in YEARS now. I combed the report looking for what they were talking about. NOTHING. Then it dawned on me. 2 years and 6 months ago is Oct '05. Oct '05 is the same month that TrueCredit is reflecting that the late payment was made on that account that was closed in Dec '04.

I call TrueCredit AGAIN. After 4 phone calls to dumba$$ customer service reps who basically told me nothing, except that their info is pulled directly from TransUnion, I got another number to speak to the "managment." I call them. After explaining the same thing to them, they see what I am getting at and say they will look into it and get back to me via email.

I have also called TransUnion and spoken to them directly regarding this situation. They tell me they are reporting correctly and there is nothing they can do.

This is what I am thinking: Since TrueCredit and Myfico.com are two entirely different entities, the information obviously IS most likely coming from TransUnion. However, on their actual credit reports all the information is being reported properly. I am thinking there must be something running "in the background" that is making it look as if there was a late payment made on this account in Oct '05.

Does anyone have a CLUE what could be going on here????? I am afraid this could actually be lowering my FICO score!

Any help would be appreciated.