CA refused to PFD for $77 for library books

omega 3

Hello,

I have an account in collections for library books totaling $77 dollars. Called collection agency requesting PFD, they refused and stated their policy is to mark account paid, but LEAVE ON CR for 1 year. Would you pay or wait for it to fall off in 2011?

but LEAVE ON CR for 1 year.

what does that mean?

they stop verifying it after one yr?

or is it so old that it will drop off anyway after one year?

isn't it NY that paid collections can only report for a max of 5 yrs?

refresh my memory on that.

:-)

Helo,

I was stationed in the military in Virginia, they said that they never recieved three books so they charged me for the price of three books and late fees. The collection agency stated that if an account is paid in full, not to delete the account, but let the paid status stay on the report for one year.

Thanks, I called the library and they said that I can mail a check or the money order to them. They said that they mailed a letter to my old command 2 months after I had moved away, so I never recieved the notice. Will call and speak to manager to determine if I pay the bill what will they do. The OC is not listed, but the collection agency. The collection agency did say If I could go to library and pay the account off.