Do I need to send an intent to sue first

EX has been fighting me for years on a couple tax liens that were released in 97 It is now past ten years and they wont remove them still.

Do I need to send them a notice of intent to sue or just go file the papers.

Is this a 1000 dollar violation or should i sue for more.

Sorry, but how long have these tax liens been paid off? Reason being that paid tax liens stay on for 7 years from date PAID. Other than that they usually stay on for 15 years but since they are government, they can literally stay on forever.

Boy, I sure wish we could get the "Tax Lein" debate definitively answered once and for all!! I wish the powers that be, way more knowlegable than I, would way in. Or maybe I should try a search?

A list of would be nice.

Paid leins stay on for: ?

Unpaid leins stay on for: ?

Can the Fed violate the FCRA?

I'll be searching now...

The lean was reported in error and I went to my state tax office and discussed it with them

I got a docket sheet from the state that says it was expunged in 2001 and the wrote me a letter dated July 18, 2001 with the Indiana state seal on it. That states there are no current liens against me from the state of Indiana. And all warrants have been recalled.

EX says this is not enough proof to warrant a deletion.

So with that said, not only is it reported in error it is also past the 7 year reporting period.

The warrant was is dated 5/14/97

You may have to get a report from Lexus/Nexus, they do most of the Public Record reporting to the CRAs. You can order a report from them like the CRAs although there is still argument about them trying to not let people get their 1 free report a year. You may want to try with them and see what is on your Public Records report and then go from there.

Houdino: Here is 1 link with some info on that but if you do a google search, you will find lots of info out there on how long items stay on your CR.

http://www.thetruthaboutcreditcards.com/how-long-do-negative-items-remain-on-a-credit-report/

What I am trying to get at here is the fact that EX wont remove it for any reason. They say the proof I sent them is not enough to warrant a deletion.

it is reported on my CR as released in 07/2001

this info is wrong.

The state expunged the lien 2001 I have a docket sheet from the state tax office that says it was expunged.

I also have a letter from the state tax office that says all tax liens in my name were recalled. the letter is dated 7/2001

EX says they verified it. and wont delete it.

EX is also reporting the same lien twice one with the full docket number and the second with only the last six numbers and they match.

What I am trying to get at here is the fact that EX wont remove it for any reason. They say the proof I sent them is not enough to warrant a deletion.

it is reported on my CR as released in 07/2001

this info is wrong.

The state expunged the lien 2001 I have a docket sheet from the state tax office that says it was expunged.

I also have a letter from the state tax office that says all tax liens in my name were recalled. the letter is dated 7/2001

EX says they verified it. and wont delete it.

EX is also reporting the same lien twice one with the full docket number and the second with only the last six numbers and they match.

I had mentioned earlier that you may have to first dispute with Lexus/Nexus like you would with any other CRA to have the information changed since they are the suppliers of public records information such as judgments and liens to the big 3 CRAs. Once you get that taken care of from them, THEN you can go back to EX to have them correct the information. As long as LN keeps that information in their database, EX will always be able to verify it as being correct.

I understand what you are saying and disputing would be so much less frustrating if that were the case, unfortunately it is not. The FCRA says they need to investigate your claims and update the information to where it is reflected accurately by what they find during their investigation. Yes, you can show the proof that it's gone and shouldn't be there. But they also go to check their source for current Public Records to see if the information has changed. A proper dispute requires them to look at ALL information that is available on the TL from different sources. If disputes were was as easy as just showing paperwork and that's it right there, then there wouldn't be message boards like this.

That's why people scramble to get judgments discharged in BK and Satisfied, liens, etc. Vacated from court records. All court cases are a matter of public record, so anyone can see your dirty laundry. The only way you can get that taken care of is by having it vacated, thus removed from court records as if it never existed. Then if there is a reporting agency where their service is reporting public records, you will need to get THEIR data updated too by disputing with them. Once you clean it up with the courts and the in-between guy, the in-between guy should have no problem sending a correction to the CRAs.

Once the information is cleared up at the courts, it's our responsibility to make sure that the correct information is getting to where it is going. Yes, the clerk might say that they will take care of that, but sometimes it doesn't always happen that way. We need to follow up ourselves to make sure that is cleared up. I'm not saying it's always this hard because it is possible for a lien or judgment to be removed by just disputing it. The system is flawed, we all know that. We just need to find ways to get around it before we're forced to the extremes. I hope this was a little clearer for you.

I know, it sucks. What is even sadder is when you have some CAs actually tell you that they are doing this to punish you for as long as they can for not paying your debts. I know a few people that this has happened to. Everyone makes mistakes, that's what makes us human. All we can do is learn from them and try not to do them again. Unfortunately, some people just don't give a dang about people trying to recover from their mistakes.