Authorized User?

CRAIGER7204

If my wife adds me as an authorized user on 3 of her credit cards, will it help raise my FICO score? 2 of them have zero balance 1 with $12,000 limit and the other with $5,000 limit. the 3rd has a 10,000 limit and approx. $2500 balance. they were all opened by her with in the past year. the oldest 1 year ago the other 2 in the past 6-8 months. my score is 556 and in addition to removing negatives, Im trying to add positives. will this help?

If it hasn't happened already, then sometime this year, FICO is supposed to be revising its scoring algorithms to eliminate the AU effect. So, the easy answer is no.

The rest of the story is...depending on what kind of credit you're applying for...both husband and wife's scores will be taken into account.

If it hasn't happened already, then sometime this year, FICO is supposed to be revising its scoring algorithms to eliminate the AU effect. So, the easy answer is no.

The rest of the story is...depending on what kind of credit you're applying for...both husband and wife's scores will be taken into account.

I know that there have been talks of changing the way that AU accounts are scored. but for now, I understand that has not changed. Assuming that they are still counted, does any one know how adding these positives will help my score? we are going to be applying for a mortgage soon and I figure, every little bit helps.

Only if the card issuer reports AU (more and more do not anymore) and only if FICO 2008 has not been rolled out. FICO '08 disregards AUs altogether, even if lenders choose to report them.

Very limited value anymore, and over 2008, the value of AUs on your score will go to zero.