What to do when CA refuses letter?

I don't know how it is in your state, but in Kansas, if someone refuses a letter and then you mail it to them or send it some other way, it is still legally delivered.

I would attempt to send it fed X and regular mail also.

Find their website if you can and see if you can find a Fax number. If not...call them up and tell them you would like to send (via fax) a settlement offer. And when you do call them...lie about who you are, make up a fictitious account...etc The idea is you don't want them to know who tha heck you are. The whole point is you simply want to get the fax number from them. They will just rattle off a number ( fax number) and say...well...we cant find your account...but send us the fax settlement.

Then you send them a Validation request via fax. Send the fax from a shipping store that is diligent about giving fax sent confirmations. its then a done deal. Its as good as a certified mail, return receipt. You have your proof you sent it.

Put it in a publisher clearinghouse envelope....everyone excepts those :)

Make the envelope look official, or outlandish, put in big red letters "You've WON!!!" and then start your DV off with "This brand new Debt Validation Letter!".

Just for the record I have never tried this but if someone refuses to except my letter I'll find out if it works :)