Need Advice on how to procede

LoveToGod

Hello,

I am slowly getting the collections off of m reports, but I have one that just jumped on there.

It is from CA. It is for a checking account it says I owe 552. I stopped using the account because I was having problems with the bank and I refused to pay their overdraft fees.

I disputed the OC on the basis of the acct opening date being wrong, and it got deleted from the big 3.

But this stupid CA is on EX and TU. They will probably report to EQ next.

I am going to send a DV Monday, but I disputed it online on EX as unauthorized charges. It came back "verified" in like 5 days or so.

I disputed it again, but this time I selected OTHER AND I said:

"Identity Theft, Unauthorized Charges". If I don't know where the charges came from, or I don't remember how they accumulated, can I claim that? Am I a doing anything wrong by claiming it? What has been your experience in that?

NEVER NEVER NEVER tell EX anything on a dispute other than "not mine" if you say any other reason to EX they will say they verified it. Read some of the other post about EX.

Send EX an MOV letter (Method of validation.)

Contact the OC and see if they will settle with you and call of the CA sometimes that can happen.

I disputed it again, but this time I selected OTHER AND I said:

"Identity Theft, Unauthorized Charges". If I don't know where the charges came from, or I don't remember how they accumulated, can I claim that? Am I a doing anything wrong by claiming it? What has been your experience in that?

Joseph

They will put a fraud alert on your account, will notify TU and EQ to also put fraud alerts on your accounts, and then you may end up in special handling.