AU Stiil Works ? ? ?

Michael925

Anyone still having success getting more credit by using AU. I know its supposed to stop soon but I havent heard if they are enforcing yet. I was just added to 2 of my dads CC last week so im hoping it will start showing up soon. Any comments or anyone still having success doing AU ? ? ?

Anyone still having success getting more credit by using AU. I know its supposed to stop soon but I havent heard if they are enforcing yet. I was just added to 2 of my dads CC last week so im hoping it will start showing up soon. Any comments or anyone still having success doing AU ? ? ?

So far it appears to be still working. I did it about 3 months ago and my credit reports appear to be the same, it doesn't look like they're disregarding it.

One thing, make sure that your dad's address is one of your previous addresses. That was the problem I had at first. They weren't showing up and it was because my dad's address was long enough ago that was no longer on my report. The easiest way to add it is through Truecredit. That got my AU accounts on TU and EX. Still, to this day, they don't show up on EQ. I even tried calling and requesting that they add it. They wouldn't and the CSR told me that they "weren't allowed" to add addresses, even at a consumer's request (uh-huh).

Add through Truecredit, please explain ? ? ? I know when my dad called to add me he requested that they add it to my credit reports and they said it would. Also about how much of a bumb in your scores did you get ? The 2 credit cards I was added to both are over 10 years old with perfect payment history and about 12,500 credit line ? What kind of bumb do you think ill get ? ? ?

Add through Truecredit, please explain ? ? ? I know when my dad called to add me he requested that they add it to my credit reports and they said it would. Also about how much of a bumb in your scores did you get ? The 2 credit cards I was added to both are over 10 years old with perfect payment history and about 12,500 credit line ? What kind of bumb do you think ill get ? ? ?

Okay, I know that was probably confusing. I was in the same situation that you were. My dad added me to two of his credit cards in September or October. Well, I waited and waited and they didn't show up. I even asked my dad to call and make sure they were reporting (and he did because I'm the no. 1 daughter).

I was getting a little frustrated about it when I mentioned it on another credit repair board. One of the people there suggested that I get Truecredit through Transunion and put my dad's address down as one of my previous addresses. Well, I already had Truecredit because of wanting to be able to monitor my credit. So, I went into Truecredit and added my dad's address as my previous address. Literally within a hour both credit card accounts showed up on both EX and TU.

Anyway, that was where my suggestion about changing your previous address on Truecredit came from. If you don't have Truecredit you may want to either call or write the CRA to get them to add the address for you. That might be difficult, they might ask for "proof" that you live or lived at that address like an utility bill. I have had no success in getting EQ to add my dad's address so the AU accounts don't show on there. I have to admit though, I didn't really try incredibly hard since EQ was my best credit report.

When the two accounts hit my reports TU went up 50 points and EX went up 25 points. That was enough to get EX finally above 600.