Creditor responds to debt validation?

PimpMyFico

actually, i believe validation was sent to collection agencies.i dont see how they could have ignored me and were going to sell the accounts anyway. They only had old addresses on me until my validation request.These accounts were pretty old and close to SOL. Did i wake something i shouldnt have?

If a CA recives a timely validation letter, they just have to stop trying to collect until they provide it. There has been some case law out of the 9th that says they are obligated to provide the validation, though. You should search for that case law, becasue I can't remeber which it is.

Sometimes a JDB will "sell" debts to another JDB that is owned by the same parent company so they can keep collecting anyway. That may be what happened.

Keep an eye on your reports to see if the new guys are fishing. Also look fo the "subsequent JDB" letter. I know it's on DB and IC somewhere.

The TFC states the CA must respond in writing in 30 days. They can not just ignore the DV legally.

The Texas Finance Code (aka TFC) only applies to Texas Residents.

And ONLY if the CA is a lawyer who had non lawyers working to collect the debt. If the lawyer himself or another one of his partners is calling you to collect the debt, they the TFC does not apply.