Phillips & Cohen and collections in general

samsam

I just discovered a message on my voice mail from them to contact them, etc. I have been perusing the various posts on them. I have no idea which debt they are referring to. Unfortunately, I have another CA going after me. I have not DV'd or done anything with them. It's my understanding that unless they hire an atty in the state in which you reside, their calls are nothing but empty threats. Is that true? Should I deal with them face on? Or just continue to ignore them by never taking their calls. Frankly, I'm not even aware of receiving a letter from them though it is possible I did. As always, thanks for your wisdom.

I haven't received anything from them, so why should I contact them? Aren't they required to sue me before the statue of limitations runs out? Wouldn't it be better to wait until the statue runs?

Well the only way you're going to find out is to answer the phone. Ask why they're calling, verify your mailing address, tell them they now have 5 days to send you a dunning notice and hang up on them. Record if you can.