OC refuses to respond to my "Investigation" Request

Gdegrees

I had an old unpaid charge-off account listed on my credit report. Activity Description read "Transfer/Sold/Paid". I found out who the account was sold to and and sent them a DV letter. Immediately, the CA deleted the account from my credit report (guess they had no records).

Disputed the account with the CRA and it came back verified. I sent the OC an "Investigation Request" letter and to date I have received no response.

Disputed the account again with the CRA again and sent along a copy of my letter to the OC informing the CRA that the OC has failed to respond to my request. Again, received an "account verified" letter from the CRA.

Any suggestions as to my next steps?

Thanks!

Who is the OC? I have always gotten good responses from the OC. What did you ask for in your letter?

Most customer service areas at OCs are not up on all of the FCRA, so using a bunch of legal language may cause them to not respond. Don't just say you are requesting an "investigiation" as that doesn't mean anything. If you just ask specifically for what you want, you may get a better response.

Also, you may have to just send a second letter. I've had to send two letters to some OCs in order to get a response. Just keep trying.

I had an old unpaid charge-off account listed on my credit report. Activity Description read "Transfer/Sold/Paid". I found out who the account was sold to and and sent them a DV letter. Immediately, the CA deleted the account from my credit report (guess they had no records).

Disputed the account with the CRA and it came back verified. I sent the OC an "Investigation Request" letter and to date I have received no response.

Disputed the account again with the CRA again and sent along a copy of my letter to the OC informing the CRA that the OC has failed to respond to my request. Again, received an "account verified" letter from the CRA.

Any suggestions as to my next steps?

Thanks!

If they refuse, contact their state AG and BBB and file complaints. This method has gotten me results. Especially deleting a neg tradeline

Thanks... for me.. can not speak for the other person... lol.. also I had to send a second letter to macys and First TN Bank...like you said.. short and sweet... also.. citi cards 30 days are almost up... what do you think I should do to follow up with them... Thanks Alot...

Thanks... for me.. can not speak for the other person... lol.. also I had to send a second letter to macys and First TN Bank...like you said.. short and sweet... also.. citi cards 30 days are almost up... what do you think I should do to follow up with them... Thanks Alot...

?

Lovelydria,

How old is it? is it past 7 years?

You can't DV the OC, only a CA. Call the OC and if they don't have a record of your account, ask for a letter stating that and mail it in to the CRA. IF they have a record, ask them to delete it since it has long since been paid. (goodwill request, be polite)

Absent a letter, get the name of the person, phone number put that in your letter requesting a re-investigation at the CRA, clearly asking them to verify in person. Once they have some proof to believe you (and that is not just frivolous) they will delete it.

mycorrado.

Lovelydria,

How old is it? is it past 7 years?

You can't DV the OC, only a CA. Call the OC and if they don't have a record of your account, ask for a letter stating that and mail it in to the CRA. IF they have a record, ask them to delete it since it has long since been paid. (goodwill request, be polite)

Absent a letter, get the name of the person, phone number put that in your letter requesting a re-investigation at the CRA, clearly asking them to verify in person. Once they have some proof to believe you (and that is not just frivolous) they will delete it.

mycorrado.

Nobody said anything about DVing an OC.

The question was what to do when an OC doesn't respond to an investigation.

To the OP:

IMHO I would send a second request to the OC for an investigation if they fail to respond again send a ITS quoting the FCRA.

Nobody said anything about DVing an OC.

The question was what to do when an OC doesn't respond to an investigation.

To the OP:

IMHO I would send a second request to the OC for an investigation if they fail to respond again send a ITS quoting the FCRA.

Thanks for understanding.. will do.

Swirlgirl,

The OC is HSBC CompUSA. The letter was simple and stated that I had disputed the account with the credit bureaus and that they (HSBC) had verified them. I supplied a date-bydate account as far as when it was disputed, verfied and my ignored requests for an investigation. I also documented (date, name, Dept ID# and telephone number) the conversation when I contacted them (HSBC) and was told that the debt had been sold to Sherman Financial. I advised them that Sherman Financial had no records. Did not tell them Sherman deleted their TL.

Thanks!