Wage Execution From Court

I just received a notice. (actually my employer received it) to have my salary garnished to pay off a judgement. This came from the county court. The problem is that I am a victim of ID theft. I found this out not too long ago.

Now its to late.. On the notice, it states that I can write a statement of objection. It is for almost $2000.00 I don't want to pay then have to figt to get the money back. Its hard enough trying to prove tha the debt isnt mine.

Does any one know how to write a good letter of objection? maybe there is a sample letter out there somewhere that I can use? I have to file it with the court clerk and with the lawyer that filed suit.

please help....

You need to find the judgment, and have it petitioned to have it vacated as void!

At that point, you will have to pursue a refund of your garnishment.

It may be too late to stop the first garnishment, but you may be able to get a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on the future garnishment while you petition to vacate is sorted out!

Unfortunately, this will require you to hire and attorney or go to court yourself.

There is no one little written paragraph that will make this go away...

UNLESS YOU JUST PAY IT.

You need to find the judgment, and have it petitioned to have it vacated as void!

At that point, you will have to pursue a refund of your garnishment.

It may be too late to stop the first garnishment, but you may be able to get a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on the future garnishment while you petition to vacate is sorted out!

Unfortunately, this will require you to hire and attorney or go to court yourself.

There is no one little written paragraph that will make this go away...

UNLESS YOU JUST PAY IT.

If I just pay it, can I fight to be reimbursed once the person whole stole my Identity is identified?

More importantly, can I have the judgement removed from my credit report? Im going to try to get a mortgage in the very near future and I dont want this to prevent me from getting approved.

If I pay this, will it be easy to get removed from my report?

Ive been checking with a lot of lawyers and it seems like it will cost more to pay a lawyer than it will to just pay the judgement. I just dont want the mortgage people to think because I paid it then I am admitting responsibility for it. I dont want them to think that I am irrisponsible and too high of a risk.

That's why most people here are Pro Se'.

Our system of (In)justice, forces you to make a choice.

If you are absolutely convinced you will win and its fraud, you will get it back from the people you paid the voided judment to, and possibly with lawyer fees for you.

However, even if you win, lawyer fees is a crap shoot.

Some people just pay it and move on. They don't want to waste the time to fight.

there is no question its a tough situation.

As far as CR issues, you should be able to challenge it off with a affidavit of ID theft. I think Cr's have a standard form for that one!