My first post - just getting started... with Midland (who else!)

billpocz

Hi all! I've read and re-read many of the posts about Midland. My story (and question) is a bit different.

I got a call from them out of the blue in December, 2007 with an old account that was not on any CR (but was mine). The account had not had any activity since early 2002, and probably the DOFD was late 2001. Well, I was really ignorant about all of the in's and out's of credit issues and I settled with them.

I just pulled all three credit reports last week (as I now want my credit sexy, too!) and all of them list the Midland account with a DOFD of 12/2007!

My plan is to write to the three CRAs and explain the situation, but just expect them to say that it is verified. What is the best approach to take with Midland? That really does not fall into the DV catagory...

Thanks in advance!

I look forward to hopefully being a helpful member of the boards, and not just a screen door on a space ship!!

Bill

I think I need my glasses adjusted!

On the EQ CR, it said that the DMDFR was 08/2007, but the DOFD was reported as 09/2002. My bad!

Digging a bit deeper, on the TU CR it states that 'Estimated date that this item will be removed : 08/2007'. On my TU CR, there are a number of other TL's with the removal date of either last year or early this year. Will I have to ask them to remove them, or will they go 'automatically'?

The EX CR has no DOFD on it. Would a simple letter to EX solve the problem, or do I have to wrangle with the evil Midland?

Thanks again!

Questions I got; the answers, well, I'm learning!

• 2 months later...
On the EQ CR, it said that the DMDFR was 08/2007, but the DOFD was reported as 09/2002. My bad!

I'm still working on the definitions of these listings in EQ's CR. There is usually about a 6 month difference between the two (DOFD & DMDFR), not 5 years.

Roughly, I think the DOFD is the first payment missed and DMDFR is the date at which the OC decides that another payment is not forthcoming and has sent the delinquent account to collections.

Someone jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

If there is incorrect data on you CR you should dispute with the Big 3 and also send a DV to Midland.

When I do a search on reaging, Midland always seems to come up with the list. I don't understand why they do it. The account is usually still slated to fall off the CR at the appropriate time.

I don't see the purpose of DMDFR except, possibly, to push the SOL back for litigation purposes. EQ is the only CRA which uses the DMDFR. Regardless, you should dispute the inaccuracy.

I'm still working on the definitions of these listings in EQ's CR. There is usually about a 6 month difference between the two (DOFD & DMDFR), not 5 years.

Roughly, I think the DOFD is the first payment missed and DMDFR is the date at which the OC decides that another payment is not forthcoming and has sent the delinquent account to collections.

Someone jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

If there is incorrect data on you CR you should dispute with the Big 3 and also send a DV to Midland.

When I do a search on reaging, Midland always seems to come up with the list. I don't understand why they do it. The account is usually still slated to fall off the CR at the appropriate time.

I don't see the purpose of DMDFR except, possibly, to push the SOL back for litigation purposes. EQ is the only CRA which uses the DMDFR. Regardless, you should dispute the inaccuracy.

A DF is required to report the DOFD to the CRA's w/in 90 days of the account becoming negative. This applies to the OC, JDB or CA reporting the TL.

I have just begun my fight with midland and sent them a DV letter via registered mail yesterday. I worked up a PFD with sears today and have it posted for critiquing. I am as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof waiting for a response. I will keep you posted with their response. Hopefully all will go well. I have a 804 sq ft house 4 daughters and 1 bath. I need scores to go up and fast. Before I do bodily harm to a teenager.

Lost.