Chase reconsideration worked...

Well I just got approved for my first Chase card. I applied for the Chase freedom card and was deined. So I called the reconsideration line friday and spoke to a nice lady there. She was very friendly and gave me a chance to explain the negatives on my credit report.

I told her what happend and I also explained i've had great credit since 2003 with no late payments at all since then. She reviewed my account and approved me for a $1000 credit line. It's not great, but it's a prime card. So far NFCU is the only one who has given me any prime cards.

• Like 1

Thanks. The lady at Chase was super nice as well. She asked what happened in the past and why I had a few charge off's. She also reviewed my current records and saw my credit had been perfect since 2003. She approved it after reviewing the account for a few seconds. I couldn't be happier. Now I can get rid of some of these sub prime cards finally.

man, it's all in who you get. The CS rep that worked with me insisted my 6.5 year old Cingular collection ($118) was within the last 2 years just because the info on it had been updated (probably after one of my numerous disputes). She wouldn't acknowledge the age of the collection. Said their 2 year no-derog policy is firm and can't be overridden.

A week ago (on March 14), I applied for a Chase Platinum Mastercard. They pulled my Equifax with a score of 578 with one CO from Cap1, two old (>2 yrs) derogs from BofA, and no current collections. I got a letter from them on March 17 of denial. So, I called their customer service number (on their card site, the one used for collect calls to area code 302) and eventually reached a credit analyst. They asked me some really hard questions about my past credit performace, but in the end they approved me for a $500 limit.

I told them that I have a repayment plan with Cap1 and that the other to BofA accounts were abberations (one was an illegally re-aged debt from MBNA America in 1999 and the other was PIFed but not updated).

I just got approved with Chase, too! They actually called me about 2 days after I applied. Capital One Home Loans sold my mortgage to them as my servicer, which must be why they called me.

Incredibly they let the BK7 slide after I explained what happened. So finally, over 5 years after filing BK, I have a prime card. I got a very nice $10k limit as well, which was shocking because they pulled my EX report which is by far my worst.

Lesson Learned: if you have a mortgage with a prime issuer, apply for their card and see what happens.

Thanks - and I called back to see if I got the Freedom card, a platinum card or what. Turns out, they approved me for the (get this!) Freedom Visa Signature card! Yes, I know the lack of limit reporting and such, but finally I have a PRIME card with real benefits! I'm excited :D

Overall I went 1 for 4 with them.... on two separate occasions I applied for two of their cards... turned down for FREEDOM both times which I guess technically is the better card, but I got the one I REALLY wanted, the Disney Rewards the second time around.

Anyway, I'm in with Chase now... hard nut to crack for me. Even the student card I was turned down for last time.

But, first time they pulled EQ and EX, this time they pulled EQ and TU, which are both way better than EX.