Protecting my daughters credit

My daughter broke her foot in 2003. We had no medical insurance at the time and there is a bill in her name. She is 12. Somehow, the hospital got her SS# (which I know wasn't from me _ that is one thing I have been very diligent about - protecting my kids' SS#'s) and the bill is being sent to her. I figured this out years ago, and called the hospital twice with no resolve. So, I visited them. The girl I spoke with said that this had happened quite a bit and she was actually hired to go through all old accounts to fix the problem. I gave her my info, husbands info, and daughters info. She assured me that it would be cleared up within the week. My daughter has not gotten a bill from them until last month. When I pulled my credit report, the bill is there and her SS# is listed as an alternate SS# for me. I know there are things to do to fix this on my report, but how do I go about protecting her name legally? Can I legally check her credit report since she is only 12? Please help, this is very disturbing to me.:!:

You have a mixed credit file with your daughter. You can send in your drivers license and social security card proving your identity. Ask them to remove the daughter's ssn off of your report and ask them to send you the name and address of the company that reported her ssn as yours.

To get a copy of your daughter's credit report you need to send in all of your identifying info along with the birth certificate for the daughter.

Keep trying to work on getting the hospital to fix this problem. Best of wishes in this matter.

There is no need to add legal references at this point. Just send the letters to the CRAs. Also, you may want to start send letters to some of the higher-ups at the hospital and explain the situation. You can get the names of the CEO and VPs from the website.

Whatever you do, be diligent and don't wait too long to follow up if you haven't received an acceptable response within a reasonalbe time period.

I just got my Experian report today and I am so angry! My daughter's SS# is on that report too. I tried to dispute it, but it says "The address in question was reported by your creditors or potential creditors or obtained from public records. If incorrect you may want to contact the source of the information directly. If you need additional information, call us for assistance."

I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to dispute it first with the CRA and then the OC, right? How did they validate it as accurate? And, what do I do now? The CA's letter says they bought the account, so I need to deal with them directly. Do I? I am so stumped and frustrated. Experian stinks!

:evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused::evil::confused: