What Fico score does GEMoney Bank look for?

:)++Thanks for the help. Were these fico scores or true credit fako scores?

I wonder if each card has to meet a different score or since they are all GE Money Bank that there is just one score they have to meet for all of them.

That's a good question.

I just remembered when I got walmart, I was denied for Belk within the same week. I also have a chevron card that I got after receiving a preapproval in the mail.

• Like 1

GEMB will not touch me with a 10 ft pole. No collections but BK from 10/05. All cc paid as agreed never late. Denial letter always says due to BK. Tried walmart,jcp,furniture store,and a few others I can't remember. Costco keeps sending me pre-approvals for amex, maybe I'll try that.

It depends on the store, but mainly equifax. None pulled TU. GEmoney hates me. I never burned them either. Fakos in low to mid 600's last time i applied.

I think the Costco thing is due to my membership. There are no soft pulls but I shop at Costco weekly and spend about $700 monthly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Well that just sucks.

Did you have an actual paypal account when you applied?

Yep. I have a PayPal business account too - an account that brings them in a sh!t ton of money consistently every single month in fees (PayPal, that is). For now, I'm just going to shrug them off. :)

I had a good run with GEMB - Chevron, Dillards, Mervyns...then nada on Penneys and Walmart. They said it was due to my FA (EQ listed an inaccurate phone no. on my FA so they couldn't reach me and wouldn't consider me until they could reach me at the phone number on the FA). That's resolved now, so I plan to wait about 3 months before trying anymore GEMB cards. Oh and right after I'd been approved for $8K in prime bank card credit (the next day, so the new accounts weren't hurting me), Chevron denied me for a CLI due to existing collections (I have one medical < $100).

So, WTFK?? :wink:

Oh and I too had a JCP in good standing that closed itself due to lack of use in the 90s. I guess they forgot about me........

GEMB sucks, they told me with 3 months pay history i could get a CLI well it has been 3 months and last month i get a soft from them and NOTHING, i can't get CLI's for nothing. 500 walmart, I am PIF and keeping it open till THEY CLOSE IT!

I remember that my credit scores were between 638 and 647 back in 2003, and they turned me down. So that is interesting. I guess you applied online?

Yes I did apply online and they gave me a $500.00 CL.

I don't use it but I figured it would be nice to have just in case.