Possible incorrect SSN on BF's report.

cheyenne52883

I have recently been working on my credit as well as my boyfriends credit.

In November we went to a mortgage lender/financial adviser and he pulled out credit.

Since November I have been using the SSN displayed on the report when I pull boyfriends credit.

BF told me yesterday that the SSN on the initial report is wrong by 1 digit! I have been pulling his credit with the wrong SSN!

Will this have an effect on his credit? Will it now show 2 SSN's - the correct one and the incorrect one?

I am thinking of sending a letter to the CRA's with a copy of his SSN to be sure....

Possibly. You won't know until you pull all 3 of his CR. He can pull all 3 for free at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp.

This could be a simple mix-up. But if you find that there are a lot of unknown accounts on his report, you may want to do some research on this site for identity theft. You'll want to address any unknown accounts ASAP and file an identity theft report with the proper authorities. It's a relatively simple process and it will protect you from having to defend yourself against collections on accounts that don't belong to you.