What to do...

steffyk

Start the DV process.

Keep in mind that the “account number” you might see on a CA’s dunning letter may or may not bear any resemblance to the actual account number that may have existed/been connected to the account with the original creditor.

That is, however, an issue that, in your DV letter, you demand that they fully explain – if they say that the “account number” is their own account number then they should be able to supply you with the original/OC’s account number…if they can’t I’d be highly suspicious.

It certainly appears to be a credit card #. It has exactly the right number of digits for a CC. But I will include your suggestion in my DV. I just think its odd that this CC acct. has never shown up on my CRAs. Not even when I purchased a house in 2004.

I hope that the CA is tyring to collect on an acct. that is A) way out of SOL and B) way past reporting to CRA.

I really want to mess with their heads!