SOL on a judgment but EQ wont remove

BTO429

Ok, let me see if i can put this together according to the info I got i the mail today.

Judgment is for 4600 it was obtained in 9/26/2002 and in 05 they gave up trying to find me. I was gone active duty for some of that time. The address where the sent the summons is old i didn't live there in 02.

The medical bills are from the dates 5/17/96, 08/31/96. These two equal 3100 dollars.

Are these two SOL even before the original judgment?

I believe FACTA pre-empted state laws that shortened the period certain things could be reported (NY, for instance, had some 5 year limits). I'm not sure whether the shorter state limits that pre-existed FACTA were grandfathered.

Also, the FCRA allows the judgments to be reported longer than 7 years if they're good for longer than 7 years, but for some reason the CRAs tend to take 'em all off at 7 years.

P.S. - At common law, a judgment was presumed satisfied 365 days after its entry. It's possible that for judgments that expire prior to 7.5 years elapsing, the CRAs follow common law precepts and simply show them as "satisfied" (by operation of the SOL on judgments) rather than removing them from the report. It's not the result the consumer would be hoping for, but it may be legally correct nonetheless.