TU Unable to accept documents?

Sop I just got home from work and received a letter from TU about a dispute with my student loans. The loans have been in deferment since 2004-2005(respectively for the two loans) and direct loans is listing them as 120-150 days late last year May-Jul. I tried a good will letter and got some BS response saying that because the lates are over 60 days they can not remove them. Well my problem is they are in non-repayment deferment. I even have a letter from Direct Loans that states the start and end dates (until May 2008). So I sent the CRAs a copy of this letter that states the deferment type and the dates and TU sends me back a letter saying "We are unable to accept the documentation you sent. However, TU will contact the source of the disputed information to advise them of your dispute." I already tried disputing with the CRAs and they came back "Verified" and then a wrote a letter to the OC and they say there is nothing they can do. What do you guys think I should do from here?

consolidate the loans then they will show up paid and if you are still in school you can defer the new loan. I know this because tat is what i did as long as i stay in school i can defer the loans, and with my civlian occupation as an aircraft dispatcher/pilot i will always be in school.

I had that problem. Call sallie mae and talk to them they are pretty nice people and will work with you. if ou have more tha one student loan you need to consolidate so when you start paying the loans you will have only one payment and not several.

The CRA gets their info from the Data Furnisher. If the DF says the lates are correct there is nothing the CRA can do. They are only a repository. CRA's can not accept docs from a consumer. It's too easy to manufacture docs, so they always check with their source, the DF.

Your only choice is to place the onus on the DF.

Before you do anything else, reevaluate your situation. Student loans don't stay in a perpetual state of deferment while you're in school. At the expiration of each school term, be it semister (or whatever), the student/borrower must notify the lender/guarantor that you have re-enrolled, thus ensuring your deferment status. Most of the issues that arise with SL's are when the borrower doesn't follow through. It's possible that your loans actually came out of deferment and were truely past due. Then when your paperwork got to the SL office, deferment was reinstated. That may be the implication of their statement 'there's nothing we can do'.

Either way, the SL people have to straighten this out, either with you or the CRA(s).

It is a very small posibility that the paperwork wasn't received on time. Even so the information on the reports is incorrect at best. On my TU report I am late 60 days in Dec 2006, 90 in Jan 2007 and then 120 in Feb, Mar, Apr of 2007. By comparison my Ex report has me OK in Dec 2006, 30 days in Jan 2007 90 in Feb, 120 in Mar, 150 in Apr and then did not report in May. OK so then why does my EQ show no lates at all? When I originally disputed with TU and Ex the lates in the Jul 2007 time period and they were really messed up like I was 120 days in May and then 60 days in Jun and then 90 days in July and then 150 days in Aug. I'm going to send an additional letter to the OC and see what I can do there. Any more advise? Thanks.

From your CR's, it's impossible to tell what's going on.

FYI: When any loan gets to 120-days past due, default procedures begin (to end at 180 days past due). It used to take that long to process default, so it's not unusual for a defaulted loan to 'hover' at the 120-day mark. This coincides with an I5 rating.

The inconsistencies can be chalked up to the way the different CRA's software interprets the electronic data reported by your SL lender/guarantor. If these were just one month off, personally I'd use that to dispute to the hilt, but know myself that it's not a big deal.

But the jumps in status and amount of lates is totally on the DF. They're the only ones who can correct this mess. And yes, you are going to have to hound them to death to straighten it out. Be aware, there is the danger of the entire TL(s) getting deleted. It's a slim possibility, but definitely there.