Anyone see the Hyundai commercials with the money guys?

Magdalen77

I just noticed these Hyundai commercials. One has Ray Lucia in it, telling the people that are saving money on a Hyundai to put it in an IRA. Another has Larry Winget who does budget books and did a show on A & E (or maybe TLC) where he went after people whose lives were out of control due to debt. Larry tells the guys who are getting a Hyundai to buy it and use the money they save to pay down their credit card debt.

There was another one with Adam Smith that I only caught the last part of. The Hyundai-buying guys were questioning his advice and he said, "Are you Rhodes scholars?"

Buy a Kia..same car, 1000-2500 less than a Hyundai..

Both actually make a very reliable car.

Not even thinking about it. The hooptie Chrysler is still chugging along. Though, probably when the Chrysler goes to the great used car lot in the sky I'll get a late model Kia Sedona. Useful for lugging around the grandkids as they get older. The man has six, five of whom live in the same town we do.

We should start the hooptie club. Mine has 213k miles on it. :D Started squealing the other day but then mysteriously went away.

I have people that work for me that drive new BMWs. They think I'm cheap. I think they are fools.

We should start the hooptie club. Mine has 213k miles on it. :D Started squealing the other day but then mysteriously went away.

I have people that work for me that drive new BMWs. They think I'm cheap. I think they are fools.

Ah, mine "only" has 185K. I'd be delighted if it makes it another 30K miles. The man kind of teases me about being cheap, but I think he secretly likes it. He has one co-worker that has like a $750 car payment, bought his girl a $600 handbag and brags about going to the Caribbean on vacation. He said to me, "I told him that I wasn't impressed, we could afford to do all that." I said, "Yep, but we won't." And then I told him, "If you ever bought me a $600 purse, I'd punch you in the mouth."

And then I told him, "If you ever bought me a $600 purse, I'd punch you in the mouth."
LOL. Wife and I both work w/ no kids. We are in the same boat with disposable income. Just don't have the desire to have to prove it to people by flaunting luxury items.

I guess I am lucky. Wife is unbelievable with her $. Since we don't commingle our money, I have no idea how much she has at any given time. She showed me her ING balance last weekend. Since we got married 8 months ago, she managed to squirrel away $15,000 in her ING account for a car she wants. On a teacher salary! The girl will eat stale bread from the back of the frig because she thinks it is wasteful to throw food away. I am blessed compared to some of the spouses of my friends.

I just noticed these Hyundai commercials. One has Ray Lucia in it, telling the people that are saving money on a Hyundai to put it in an IRA. Another has Larry Winget who does budget books and did a show on A & E (or maybe TLC) where he went after people whose lives were out of control due to debt. Larry tells the guys who are getting a Hyundai to buy it and use the money they save to pay down their credit card debt.

There was another one with Adam Smith that I only caught the last part of. The Hyundai-buying guys were questioning his advice and he said, "Are you Rhodes scholars?"

I still remember some GM commercials a couple of years ago with Suze Ormon on them promoting a 0% interest rate (I think). She was promoting Saturn (crappy car) and Buick.

The problem is that people don't necessarily SAVE the "difference" between the prices of cars or other monthly expenses. If the payments between two purchases was $300 and the other $200... I'd pick the $200 and enjoy my extra $100.

Human nature isn't as disciplined as we would like to believe. At least with the lower payment, you have OPTIONS to save or spend as you see fit.

LOL. Wife and I both work w/ no kids. We are in the same boat with disposable income. Just don't have the desire to have to prove it to people by flaunting luxury items.

I guess I am lucky. Wife is unbelievable with her $. Since we don't commingle our money, I have no idea how much she has at any given time. She showed me her ING balance last weekend. Since we got married 8 months ago, she managed to squirrel away $15,000 in her ING account for a car she wants. On a teacher salary! The girl will eat stale bread from the back of the frig because she thinks it is wasteful to throw food away. I am blessed compared to some of the spouses of my friends.

I'm not that good. I've saved about $3K since January, but some of that includes part of my tax refund. But I'm on track to have about $9K saved by August. I have a pretty good job, but the man's job is pretty crappy, though things have been looking up since they've asked him to take training for management. He's just had a bad last few years losing the job he had for almost 30 years (the old man who owned the company died and the heirs sold it). He'd probably be making what I am if he still had his old job. But, we're doing good. Can't complain, we're DINKs like you guys.

Finally saw the commercial you were talking about last night. Prett funny. :D

Ray Lucia cracked me up, but what was really funny was Larry Winget. He's hilarious, "Use the extra money to pay down your credit cards!!" The Hyundai buying guy, "Maybe". Then Larry snarls, "Did he say maybe??!!" He used to really rail on people for CC usage on his show, like really tear them a new one, so that made me laugh.

• 5 months later...