Kreepin

2 "easy" credit card questions...care to help?

I have 3 CCs that I was rently approved for but don't plan to use them. I do want to keep them around since I went through the trouble of apply for them.

1) If I toss them in my desk for 6-12 months, will the lender cancel them?

2) Will they appear as open accts on my CRs if I don't make any purchases?

1 - Possible...neve rknow.

2 - Most likely.

NO...NO...NO!!!!

Kreepy...stop listening to these guys. They're obviously guessing, which is worse than just admitting that they have no idea.

1- I doubt they will close the account, but phone to verify. That way, you know for sure.

2- Your 1st purchase is what triggers the account and causes it to appear on CRs. If you don't buy anything, it's not showing up...period!

Good luck and be careful about the advice u take!!!

NO...NO...NO!!!!

Kreepy...stop listening to these guys. They're obviously guessing, which is worse than just admitting that they have no idea.

1- I doubt they will close the account, but phone to verify. That way, you know for sure.

2- Your 1st purchase is what triggers the account and causes it to appear on CRs. If you don't buy anything, it's not showing up...period!

I do know what I'm talking about, bi.

1 - That's basically what I said...you never know.

2 - Negative. Getting approved for the card will cause it to show on your CRs. I know for a FACT. Iv'e gotten approved on a Tuesday, and the account posted on my CRs 2 days later, I had not even got the card.

NO...NO...NO!!!!

They likely WILL close the account if it goes unused for a lengthy period of time. And you're also 100000% wrong on #2 there.

But you are right about being careful about the advice people take. :roll:

NO...NO...NO!!!!

Not a good statement most posters here know quite a bit of what they are talking about. You have to remember every case is different.

This would be up to the individual creditor. The creditors will usually send you a letter stating that if you don't use the acct by a certain date it will be canceled.

IMHO I would use the card for something small every 3 months or so and PIF

Wrong Wrong Wrong

I have 6 TL's on my credit report that I have never used and they update every month

Yes I agree.

Don't just take one posters word for it.

I have a CC...wait...I have no clue what I am saying...

Where am I? 8-)

This is how I'm using my new cards:

I just take a small expense and charge it on the card(s). At the same time, or usually before, I take that amount of cash out of the bank. Then, at the end of the month, I put all the cash back in the bank and pay the cards in full.

That way I'm using the cards and building a good payment history for possible CLI, but I'm not racking up any debt.