Lyssarene

Paper investment club?

Hey jq...

PFFFFTTTT!

No, j/k. I'm happy for you and your bank account! :D

Can I come back and gloat next time I pocket 5 grand? I hope that day is coming up any day now.

Well, two days ago, I went up $5,600 overall. Slipped back $2K yesterday but I'm not complaining. Outlook for today is hazy as of this moment.

:o

No gloating, just thankful! All it helped me do is sop up short term capital loss carried over from 2007 ($15,500 of it!!) :(

Oh, jq, let's just not talk about losses, OK? Note that the figure I quoted from the other day was only a partial recovery of losses in the last month.

I don't want to talk about those! They look sort of like the figure you typed just now.

Onward and upward, let's just look forward!

:mrgreen:

In my "real" account, I am neck deep in QID. This is 2x the inverse of QQQQ. Today was a great day. Unloaded half at 45.71 for a 4.1% gain this morning.

Hope today was a great Friday morning for everyone else!

RE: SKNY

I have to thank you amortgageman! I bought 32,000 two weeks ago at 0.220. Sold at .380 yesterday. This was an actual transaction in my trading account. After commissions, I pocketed roughly $5100. xbeer2)

Funny, all I could see on the July 11 post was a stock that was trending downward (the intraday highs were not poking through the trendline higher).

Now it appears by the charts that it was "backfilling" from the gap where the stock went from 22 cents or so towards it's high again.

So much for chart reading. Congratulations on the gain.

P.S. I jumped all over FNMA and Freddie Mac, doubled (and then some) my money and cashed out my original investment, and still hold 1,000 shares of FNMA and 200 shares of Freddie Mac. I will probably be getting rid of Freddie in the next couple of weeks, but I think I am going to hold on to FNMA for long term gains.

Funny, all I could see on the July 11 post was a stock that was trending downward (the intraday highs were not poking through the trendline higher).

Now it appears by the charts that it was "backfilling" from the gap where the stock went from 22 cents or so towards it's high again.

So much for chart reading. Congratulations on the gain.

P.S. I jumped all over FNMA and Freddie Mac, doubled (and then some) my money and cashed out my original investment, and still hold 1,000 shares of FNMA and 200 shares of Freddie Mac. I will probably be getting rid of Freddie in the next couple of weeks, but I think I am going to hold on to FNMA for long term gains.

xguitarxWow. Nice one. I didn't have the cajones to buy FNMA. Congrats on your nice gain!!!!!

Well, my picks are in the queue and I'm reading up on filing virtual bankruptcy... :lol:

There has been endless talk on this, none of which seem to mention the impact their lack of environmental regulations will have as it relates to the short and long term. Contamination is still the same whether they have an EPA or not.

Any thoughts on this?

Doc,

Did you ever find any good virtual bankruptcy attornies?

Let's see, right now I sit in 9th place (out of 14), and I am at -$5,000 net worth.

I can't believe that I am still in the top 10. I bought Wachovia when the bad news came out but bought it a day before the REALLY BAD news came out so I was down over 80% in one day. I still see them coming back to a more realistic level and will make a longer term gain but that was not my goal with that buy.

I kind of got side tracked with playing iwth my real money and forgot about the game. My how things can change quickly.

Okay...not that anyone hs even checked this virtual game in the past three months, but is this the craziest market you have ever seen or what? Down 250...finishes up 550.

Looks like we tested the bottom a second time today...and the market sprung up like a rocket.

Who knows what's on tap for tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be exciting if the past 90 days is any clue.

Yeah, forget the game - how about real life? (Your MOS is doing all right, huh?)

I would like to know... Was today any kind of record for point swing? How many 900 (or whatever it was exactly) point swing days have there been? Anyone know or can find out??

MOS: I sold out at $37.50 (cost basis of $32.xx). Moved it into SRS at $115. Sold at $127 (SRS then moved to $188 three days later but too risky). Moved some into CSKI at $9.89 last week. Holding for $15 then I'll trim (closed at $10.78 today). Bought HTE earlier this week. Up 20% today. Still paying a 36% dividend with oil at $60. Even with the gains in the past two weeks still trying to generate STCG to offset 2007 carryover. For some reason (ie I dabbled in options), I got crushed last year.

Definitely love MOS though. AG will be booming for the next few years. So many good bargains. You can sort of see the market rolling over and then hit support. I trim as soon as I capture a few % gain then move the money around a bit. **disclaimer: this is trading only**. Retirement/education funds are on autopilot with automatic purchases every two weeks (payroll deduction).

Good luck and happy pickings.

Regarding a record, I don't know, but I will say that this is the craziest market I have ever seen. You can look away from the ticker for 3 minutes and there will be a 200 point swing with NO NEWS. Six months ago, a 200 point move would have made me click over to a news site to see what the calamity was all about.