PWE PENN WEST ENERGY TRUST 100 $26.73 $27.42 $2,742.00 2.58% $69.00

BUCY BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL A 100 $96.04 $104.47 $10,447.00 8.78% $843.00

STLD STEEL DYNAMICS INC 100 $66.26 $67.48 $6,748.00 1.84% $122.00

BDN BRANDYWINE REALTY TRUST 100 $17.45 $17.55 $1,755.00 0.57% $10.00

FPO FIRST POTOMAC REALTY TR 100 $15.40 $16.28 $1,628.00 5.71% $88.00

PEI PENNSYLVANIA REIT 100 $25.04 $26.37 $2,637.00 5.31% $133.00

CCJ CAMECO CORP 100 $31.85 $33.06 $3,306.00 3.80% $121.00

Total: $31,349.00 4.78 % $1,431.00

I'm interested in stocks with great dividends, hence the interest in the oil & gas royalty trusts and the REITs. I tried Cameco because it's a mining company, especially uranium. Bucyrus supplies mining equipment and Steel Dynamics is a steel company, makes steel for construction, manufacturing, industry. The mining and steel stuff is due to Jimmy Rogers and Jim Cramer recommendations. Jimmy Rogers is convinced that commodities is the way to go as China, India and other emerging markets continue building stuff.

I'm testing some of these stocks to see if I want to buy them IRL. Of course, then I'd buy more like 5 shares than 100.:)

How did I already earn interest?

Account Details

Interest Paid (USD): $0.00

Interest Earned: $2.73

Total Commissions: $0.00

If they are setting these up like a typical brokerage account, a lot of types they automatically "sweep" any excess cash into their money market account. That interest is likely your interest from the simulated brokerage money market account.

Well, my picks are in the queue and I'm reading up on filing virtual bankruptcy... :lol:

Jimmy Rogers is convinced that commodities is the way to go as China, India and other emerging markets continue building stuff.

There has been endless talk on this, none of which seem to mention the impact their lack of environmental regulations will have as it relates to the short and long term. Contamination is still the same whether they have an EPA or not.

Any thoughts on this?

Doc - no virtual BR :p

OK I checked and still cannot see rankings... any ideas? Here are the settings

Number of players 10

Group Manager Lyssarene

Access Public

Accounts margin+short

Starting capital 100000

Currency(ies) USD

Starting date 3/22/2008

End date No End Date

Allow late entry Yes

Market Order Delay 20

Long Margin Rate 0.5

Quick Sell 1

Allow Options Yes

Allow Options Written No

Allow Trade History Viewing Yes

Allow Portfolio Viewing Yes

Short Margin Rate 1.5

Daily Volume 0.1

Option Daily Volume 0.25

Diversification 0.5

Diversification Option 0.1

Min price of equity to go long 1

Min price of equity to go short 5

Margin Interest 0.08

Commission - Market 19.99

Commission - Limit 29.95

Commission - Option 19.99

Commission - per Contract 1.75

Cash Interest 0.01

Min equity price to be margin-able 5

Well, my picks are in the queue and I'm reading up on filing virtual bankruptcy... :lol:

There has been endless talk on this, none of which seem to mention the impact their lack of environmental regulations will have as it relates to the short and long term. Contamination is still the same whether they have an EPA or not.

Any thoughts on this?

I don't know about India, but I know that China is starting to address their environmental problems. I think they've finally realized that they can't keep doing things at the rate they are and not eventually poison themselves. Do I think they'll make an immediate reversal to all things green? No, because they're a behemoth and it takes a behemoth time to change direction. But, they may be faster than we'd think because they can just order things to be so, no pesky democracy;). The other side of this is: you just need a few leaders to decide that environmentalism is all hoo-ha and they'll revert back just as quickly.

No, it's not just you. It won't load. Maybe they'll fix their problems soon and we'll be able to start the game.

I'm able to look at my portfolio, but, like last night, it keeps telling me that there are no rankings in the game.

Well gosh darn it. Is there something about starting the game that we are not understanding?

I see my portfolio. I was only up a percent yesterday but now I'm up 4.43%.

Anyone else want to beat that? :D

I was up 4.78% yesterday, but I'm only up 3.86%. Two of the four stocks I added today are down (grumble, grumble). I added BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust, Nustar Energy, Caterpillar and Exelon today. Cat and Exelon are down. Easy come, easy go, both of them have good dividends though.:)

I'm getting my posting and looking in now. After 1:30, my job blocks both CIC and investing sites.

I am blocked from it all day at my work :( -- OK now my work is teasing me, I can access part of the site but not my profile of stocks!

I don't know why we can't see each other, anyone figure it out? I guess make sure you personal settings have it ok for others to view. I will snoop around again tonight but I didn't find anything last night to help.

I submitted a customer support question asking us why we cannot see each other and why it says "no other players to rank."

It says 1-3 business days but maybe they'll answer today.

I looked at settings and didn't see anything about allowing others to view. I'm totally lost.

Ok what does all this mean???

Account Value (USD) : $100,518.00 Buying Power: $44,879.51 Cash: ($8,388.49) Annual Return: 559.18%

Not sure on the (cash) as that makes it appear you overspent but it does show a 500%+ return, so that is a good thing

They let you spend money you don't have? Gee I guess i may not have done well, but it's the first day...we'll see tomorrow

Maybe it's showing what you can buy on margin?

I"m down...so i bought more - a little more diversification. Should have bought mjore boeing over the weekend - I bought some last night (when it went up) and it dropped a bit. Also diversified a little bit so if one area goes down hopefully it won't all do the same thing...not lumping all my eggs in one basket...we'll see tomorrow.

*I also find myself tuning in more and more to "Mad Money" with Jim Cramer*

Although in real life, I'm in a good position, as I've got time on my side. I can weather the short, immediate drops and irregularities in the Market. I'm in it for the long haul, which is usually in an upwards direction.

Account Value (USD): $101,225.00 Buying Power: $32,256.70 Cash: ($36,711.95) Annual Return: 8,412.20%

I have absolutely NO CLUE what this means. :lol:

But I will by the end of the month...

I was down last night - a few of mine fell but like Amerik, time is a good thing to have.

They need investing for dummies 101. I have read a ton on their site but it goes right over my head.

I was down last night - a few of mine fell but like Amerik, time is a good thing to have.

They need investing for dummies 101. I have read a ton on their site but it goes right over my head.

Has anyone been able to get rankings yet? I still keep seeing "there are no rankings because there are no players in the game yet." But when I go to the details it says 12 players. Is there something that we're missing to make us players in the game, like something we need to click on?

Has anyone been able to get rankings yet? I still keep seeing "there are no rankings because there are no players in the game yet." But when I go to the details it says 12 players. Is there something that we're missing to make us players in the game, like something we need to click on?

I still show the same as well, I think we are now waiting on the customer service response. Has anyone joined another game to see if we can see their information and rankings?