Bank of America reffered me to “Take Charge America” do you know them??

newhope

They say they are non-profit credit card counseling services.

any information on them??

thanks

http://www.takechargeamerica.org/Pages/default.aspx

Looks like a Debt Management CCCS type service. I would attempt to take charge on your own. There's nothing they can offer that you can't accomplish on your own with a little time and perserverance(sp).

NASCAR_Devil

Thanks for taking the time to respond

I have cards with 29.9% APR, I tried to reduce that with creditors and they wouldn't listen to me ..... this ppl said they can get it down to 9.0% that is why I am considering them

Thanks

A CCCS can reduce the interest rate and stop the late fees and overlimit fees. They may not necessarily reduce your monthly payment -- you won't know until they put together your budget. But, going from 29% to 9% means a whale of a lot larger portion of your payment is going to principal instead of interest.

Most of the CCCS firms on the internet are scams and should be avoided.

I don't know this firm but it BofA is recommending them my guess is that BofA has more than a casual connection. That is not in itself a bad thing -- just something to think about.

I served on the Board of a community based CCCS for a number of years. I think you would be better served with a CCCS with a local office where you actually go in, sit down and talk to the counselor.

Call your local United Way and ask if they have a member agency that provides credit counseling. If not, go to www.nfcc.org and you will be able to search to find a nearby CCCS based on your zip code.