got a response on a dv today old debts from 2000

BTO429

I just got a response from a dv letter today. I didnt think they would respond because they got a default judgment on me while I was on Operation Iraqi freedom. These bills when they got the judgment were from 2000. The CA got the judgment in 2005. I am filing a notice to vacate judgment. They are also reporting to my CR on these bills. The bills are now past SOL. So,I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation on how I should handle this issue.

It would seem to me that if you were not properly served with notice of the suite and/or if you were in a position where you could not possibly appear to defend yourself in the suite then I would say you have ample grounds to get the judgment vacated.

Of course as I know you already know, the SSCRA may well have something to say in this as well.

What I'm saying is that I think you have a lot of ammunition in your pack here.

HOWEVER, I'm not an attorney nor are you...this kind of stuff can get VERY complicatd so I would at least consider seeking out the help of an attorney even if it's just in drafting documents, offering advice, helping you thorugh the "maze", etc.

Obviously, you need to consider the costs vs the benefits - if there is a lot of money involved, an attorney's help becomes more important than if you are talking about small dollars...you'll just have to decide what makes sense for you.